Researcher to speak on link between CIA and multiple personality disorder

This week at the University of Massachusetts, students and faculty are invited to attend a lecture with esteemed clinician, researcher and author Colin A. Ross about the psychological effects of mind control experiments.

Ross will give a talk on Wednesday, May 2, called “CIA Mind Control Experiments by American Psychiatrists: Creation of Multiple Personality Disorder in the Manchurian Candidate Programs.”

The founder and president of the Colin A. Ross Institute for Psychological Trauma, Ross is well-known for treating patients for multiple personality disorder and associated trauma disorders, including depression, self-mutilation and suicide at Timberlawn Mental Health System of Dallas, Texas. The Ross Institute bases its programs on the trauma model of psychopathology, which states that trauma is a major risk factor for many types of mental disorders and needs to be addressed in treatment.

Ross’ book, “Dissociative Identity Disorder. Diagnosis, Clinical Features and Treatment of Multiple Personality,” was published in 1989, and according to the press release is “regarded as one of the most comprehensive and important accounts of the subject ever written.”

He is also the author of numerous research papers and books on trauma, including publications in the American Journal of Psychiatry. Ross has also been a reviewer for psychiatry journals and was once president of the International Society for the Study of Dissociation.

According to a press release on April 25, 2007 Ross will discuss “CIA and military mind control experimentation by American psychologists and

psychiatrists, including the use of hypnosis, LSD, sensory deprivation and

isolation and brain electrode implants and the creation of Manchurian

Candidate super spies.”

In “Bluebird: Deliberate Creation of Multiple Personality by Psychiatrists,” Ross defines the Manchurian Candidate as an

unwitting patient with a new identity created deliberately and implanted in the individual by the CIA. In addition, amnesia barriers are created to ensure no memory of the unethical experiments has occurred, and this person is used in simulated or actual operations.

Included in Ross’ lecture will be accounts of how some experiments are used on unwitting civilians, even pregnant women and children. Ross’ research includes discovery of experimentation on terminal cancer patients, imprisoned drug addicts and sex offenders, psychiatric patients and military personnel.

Ross’ lecture will be held at 4 p.m. in 227 Herter Hall at UMass and will include undergraduate research poster presentations on May 3 at 11:30 a.m. in the Tobin-Bartlett breezeway. The lecture is sponsored by UMass’s department of psychology and the Psi Chi Honor Society’s Fourth Annual Undergraduate Psychology Conference on May 2 to May 3.

Jennifer Heshion can be reached at [email protected].