Eli Rosenswaike, Collegian Staff: Women’s Soccer, Women’s Basketball, Baseball

Stuart Scott

“As cool as the other side of the pillow”

When I first came to UMass, my parents constantly told me to get my butt down to the Collegian. Being the stubborn guy that I am, it took me a while to finally heed their advice.

And I’m glad I did. For it was the best decision I’ve ever made.

I was at the paper briefly last year to cover women’s tennis, but I really didn’t feel at home until this year. And that’s because of all the special people that currently work their now, who made the time I spent down there so memorable. And boy, did I spend a lot of time down there.

And the countless hours I spend at the dungeon next year – as one-of-three assistant sports editors – won’t be nearly as good due to the fact that some of my all-time favorite people are moving on.

Rob Greenfield – In the case of the ‘Collegian godfather’, I won’t really miss him at all. I’ll just miss that laugh. How will the Collegian move on without that laugh? Seriously though, you mean so much to the paper as a whole and I know you mean a lot to just about everybody down there. That’s certainly the case for me.

I have so much respect for you; certainly as a writer, reporter and editor – but most importantly as a person. It’s scary to think that you’re just a junior like I am, and that you’ve accomplished all that you have. But there’s no question you deserve it more than anyone I know.

I just want to say thanks for everything, good luck at the Boston Globe (you don’t need the luck) and I hope that we stay in touch. Your Lasme column was dead-on by the way, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. One last thing