UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

UMass softball fills holes left by seniors with freshmen for 2017 -

The Hart of the Lineup -

UMass softball prepares for a long, busy season in 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defenseman Tyler Weeks makes his way back from ACL injury -

DVD Pick of the Week

This weekend in Northampton there is a festival dedicated to Robert Altman. So this weekend for my DVD I figured I’d pick a movie that feels like an Altman film, but was a first for one of the new-era of American directors.

P.T. Anderson’s first film “Boogie Night’s” was a breathe of fresh air in Hollywood when it came out. It was also a major role for Mark Wahlberg.

The movie is about the porn industry to say the least. Burt Reynolds is classy as the head honcho, and has the porn star look down pat. Along with the rest of the ensemble cast (Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, Heather Graham, Julianne Moore, John C. Reilly, and Don Cheadle).

The movie moves well, and the camera-work is strong with some of the best tracking shots in film history. the movie moves more as a character study than a simple narrative. Intertwining characters bring the ensemble together.

A strong first film from a director who has now brought all that talent to the forefront of American film with “There Will be Blood.” And “Boogie Nights” was where it all started.