Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

UMass baseball gets its long-awaited homecoming Tuesday against Northeastern -

Have you popped your bubble? -

The atrophy of activism: a message for student protesters -

Emmi Beuger’s day off – Interview with Kate Leddy -

Josh Odam spreads succinct messages through Free Negro University clothing line -

Fourteen random ‘treat yourself’ items for $25 and under -

Student Activism Special Issue Preview Video -

Anthropology professor holds lecture on violence and policymaking -

Student Activism Special Issue 2017 -

Congressmen McGovern and Ellison discuss progressive politics under Trump administration on Saturday -

SGA President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Lily Wallace promise to improve assistance to student activists next year -

Editor’s note: UMass works because they do -

The UMass club that is un-beelievable -

Interview with Ghazah Abbasi, Sanctuary Campus Movement organizer -

Association of Diversity in Sport draws competition in FIFA Tournament -

4 Responses to “Comics: September 30, 2009”
  1. JL Alexander says:

I personally do not feel that it was appropriate for the Collegian to print the “f-word” three times in today’s issue. In the above cartoon that was printed today that particular curse appears three times. The paper should show more respect and professionalism and refrain from printing patently offensive words in the future.

2. Chris T. says:

I think it is inappropriate to print unfunny garbage and especially so when it forces the crossword to straddle the crease in the center of the page.

3. Adam says:

The comics page is the ONLY reason I pick up this paper every morning. Not for the comics of course, this year they are even worse than last, with junk like MNFTIS or Dino comics rehashing the same images every day. The crossword is the only reason to pick up this rag… or should I say: was the only reason.
    Shifting the format and using the same clues every day was bad enough, but the past few crosswords have been offensive to say the least. Get over your infantile sense of humor, or find a better syndicated puzzle. The use of words like “whorehouse, anal, rapist, enema and mescal” in the crosswords are not funny.
    The Daily Collegian has turned into literal toilet paper.

4. gerald says:

i think its inappropriate to note publish high quality versions of the witty comics done by mike siipola.