Experienced Ohio State club too much for UMass hockey in 3-0 loss -

Season-high 29 saves from Matt Murray proves lone highlight in UMass hockey’s 3-0 shutout loss to Ohio State -

UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Bonnies down pre-season favorite Marist

The St. Bonaventure women’s basketball team took a decisive 61-43 victory on Sunday against visiting Marist.

Senior Dana Mitchell was able to collect her seventh career double-double for the Bonnies with 22 points and a season high 10 rebounds in the win. Mitchell is now fourth on the all-time scoring list for the Bonnies.

St. Bonaventure (8-0) shot 22-of-49 from the floor on the night and went 12-of-13 from the free throw line.

The Bonnies started the game with a 10-2 run before seeing their lead turn into a three-point deficit with six minutes to play in the first half after the Red Foxes (4-3) went on a 9-2 run of their own. After back-and-forth play before the end of the first half, St. Bonaventure took a 27-21 lead.

In the second half, the Bonnies’ high-powered offense was put on display. The team started the second frame with a 15-6 run that was highlighted by back-to-back 3-pointers by freshman Chelsea Bowker. St. Bonaventure held the lead for the duration of the game.

The Marist offense was lead by Rachele Fitz who had 13 points, and Corielle Yarde added 11 points.

Spiders earn win over rival VCU

Richmond junior Brittani Shells recorded her first career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds in her team’s 66-52 victory over cross-town rival Virginia Commonwealth University. Sophomore Abby Oliver also added 15 points off the bench for the Spiders.

Both teams started the game slowly on the offensive front and were mostly evenly matched. The first half saw ties at 4-4 as well as at 17-17 before Richmond (7-2) took a 23-17 lead with four minutes to play and extended its lead going into the break.

The game was won in the second half when the Spiders out-rebounded the Rams (3-2), 26-11, contributing to a 52-32 edge in rebounds for the game. VCU was also held to 33 percent shooting on the day, contributing to its offensive struggles.

Andrew Morrison can be reached at ajmorris@student.umass.edu.