Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

BREAKING: Train allegedly strikes pedestrian in Amherst -

Campus Climate survey shows strong response -

Jennifer Carlson gives talk on race and gun law enforcement -

Labor Center to receive increased funding from University -

Verdi enforces playing a full 40 minutes as UMass takes on Hofstra -

Bonnies down pre-season favorite Marist

The St. Bonaventure women’s basketball team took a decisive 61-43 victory on Sunday against visiting Marist.

Senior Dana Mitchell was able to collect her seventh career double-double for the Bonnies with 22 points and a season high 10 rebounds in the win. Mitchell is now fourth on the all-time scoring list for the Bonnies.

St. Bonaventure (8-0) shot 22-of-49 from the floor on the night and went 12-of-13 from the free throw line.

The Bonnies started the game with a 10-2 run before seeing their lead turn into a three-point deficit with six minutes to play in the first half after the Red Foxes (4-3) went on a 9-2 run of their own. After back-and-forth play before the end of the first half, St. Bonaventure took a 27-21 lead.

In the second half, the Bonnies’ high-powered offense was put on display. The team started the second frame with a 15-6 run that was highlighted by back-to-back 3-pointers by freshman Chelsea Bowker. St. Bonaventure held the lead for the duration of the game.

The Marist offense was lead by Rachele Fitz who had 13 points, and Corielle Yarde added 11 points.

Spiders earn win over rival VCU

Richmond junior Brittani Shells recorded her first career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds in her team’s 66-52 victory over cross-town rival Virginia Commonwealth University. Sophomore Abby Oliver also added 15 points off the bench for the Spiders.

Both teams started the game slowly on the offensive front and were mostly evenly matched. The first half saw ties at 4-4 as well as at 17-17 before Richmond (7-2) took a 23-17 lead with four minutes to play and extended its lead going into the break.

The game was won in the second half when the Spiders out-rebounded the Rams (3-2), 26-11, contributing to a 52-32 edge in rebounds for the game. VCU was also held to 33 percent shooting on the day, contributing to its offensive struggles.

Andrew Morrison can be reached at ajmorris@student.umass.edu.