Rashaan Holloway one of the few bright spots in UMass men’s basketball’s loss to Providence -

In a game riddled with mistakes, UMass men’s basketball falls to Providence -

UMass men’s basketball struggles to slow down Rodney Bullock in second half in loss to Providence -

Captain Steve Iacobellis scores, but UMass hockey can’t find its offensive rhythm in 3-1 loss to UConn -

Minutemen can’t get offense going early in 3-1 loss at Connecticut -

Demonstrators issue demands at Board of Trustees meeting as Woolridge announces resignation from post of chairman -

UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

A Little Taste of Canadian Culture

Canada now has a chance to show the world its funner, more fun-loving side! As a half-Canadian myself, I appreciate the great effort they’ve been making… for the most part.

The only definable problem with the Canadian show? It’s way too much like a Canadianized Macy’s Day Parade. What’s up with all of the giant inflatable animals? They’ve been getting huge reactions out of the crowd, but after the mounties, hockey players, beavers, and the one moose, perhaps it’s time to change things up. As Michael Buble croons a pro-Canada tune, women dressed up as leaves parade around B.C. Place and hockey players glide around the stadium in rollerblades, guiding giant cutouts decked out in gold medals.

But wait. In the middle of the ceremony, right when we had come back from commercial break, NBC decides to cut to Jerry Seinfeld’s new show, “The Marriage Ref.” Um, excuse me. WHAT GIVES?!

Well, I guess that’s it. After some great Olympic Winter Games, NBC has cut the outgoing ceremony short. C’mon NBC, we really don’t need to see any of the Baldwin brothers, particularly Alec, giving ANY sort of marriage advice. It’s that or seeing other cultures teach about traditions in their society and history as the world’s best athletes sit side by side, breaking the political, cultural and language barriers that exist today. Seems like a pretty simple choice to me, but I guess money speaks in today’s society.