UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

A Little Taste of Canadian Culture

Canada now has a chance to show the world its funner, more fun-loving side! As a half-Canadian myself, I appreciate the great effort they’ve been making… for the most part.

The only definable problem with the Canadian show? It’s way too much like a Canadianized Macy’s Day Parade. What’s up with all of the giant inflatable animals? They’ve been getting huge reactions out of the crowd, but after the mounties, hockey players, beavers, and the one moose, perhaps it’s time to change things up. As Michael Buble croons a pro-Canada tune, women dressed up as leaves parade around B.C. Place and hockey players glide around the stadium in rollerblades, guiding giant cutouts decked out in gold medals.

But wait. In the middle of the ceremony, right when we had come back from commercial break, NBC decides to cut to Jerry Seinfeld’s new show, “The Marriage Ref.” Um, excuse me. WHAT GIVES?!

Well, I guess that’s it. After some great Olympic Winter Games, NBC has cut the outgoing ceremony short. C’mon NBC, we really don’t need to see any of the Baldwin brothers, particularly Alec, giving ANY sort of marriage advice. It’s that or seeing other cultures teach about traditions in their society and history as the world’s best athletes sit side by side, breaking the political, cultural and language barriers that exist today. Seems like a pretty simple choice to me, but I guess money speaks in today’s society.