The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Colonials tie for 1st after rout over SBU

A commanding 15-4 victory over St. Bonaventure on Saturday vaulted the George Washington baseball team into a tie for first place in the Atlantic 10 conference. Capitalizing on six errors by their opponents, the Colonials earned the victory and their second straight series sweep to remain perfect so far this season in conference play.

Despite a 4-for-5 day at the plate for Jesse Bosnik, the Bonnies couldn’t keep pace with the Colonial attack. They recorded double-digit hits for the second straight game, with 11, but the Colonials topped their mark with 13 hits of their own.

Upperclassmen led the offensive explosion for the Colonials, who saw two players hit home runs, three record multi-hit games and five score multiple runs in the contest.

Senior infielder Chris Holland had three hits, two runs batted in and scored two runs. Fellow senior Chris Luick followed suit, recording two hits and scoring three runs in the rout.

Junior Brendon Kelliher and sophomore Stephen Oswald each homered in the win. Kelliher tallied his seventh home run six games into the season. Entering the game as a pinch hitter, Oswald highlighted a seven-run eighth inning with a towering blast over the right field fence and gave the Colonials some insurance.

Pitcher Eric Cantrell earned his fourth win of the season with six scoreless innings and seven strikeouts. Cantrell now leads the team in strikeouts with 49.

George Washington (16-10, 6-0 A-10) travels to Annapolis, Md. on Tuesday to take on the Naval Academy. The Bonnies have lost five straight games and now fall to 4-13 overall and 0-5 in A-10 play.

URI outlasts Fordham

After a marathon 15 innings of back-and-forth play, Rhode Island pushed the winning run across the plate and beat Fordham on Thursday night.

Freshman Kevin Stenhouse’s pinch-hit double in the top of the 15th inning scored Adam Derner and gave URI the 6-5 lead as it held onto for the victory.

URI scored first after a solo home run by sophomore Milan Adams put them up by one in the third inning, but the Rams countered in the next half inning by plating two runners of their own. They added two more runs to their total in the fourth inning, holding onto a 4-1 lead for the next two innings.

In the sixth, URI’s offense awoke and reclaimed the lead after four runners scored in the top half of the inning. Smart base running allowed runners to advance into scoring position, and timely hitting by junior Evan Laude highlighted the inning for the Rams. Fordham failed on a pickoff attempt, which allowed the go-ahead run to score.

Fordham rallied in the bottom of the ninth inning to tie the game at five and send the game into extra innings, where it remained for several frames. Pitcher Daniel Munday struck out three in the last four innings of play, but could not hold on any longer, giving up Stenhouse’s double in the top of the 15th inning.

With the 6-5 win, URI moves to 10-12 and 3-1 in A-10 play, while Fordham drops to 7-17 and 2-2 in the A-10.

Michael Wood can be reached at mcwood@student.umass.edu.