Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

Judy Dixon enters final season with UMass tennis with simple message: One match at a time -

UMass baseball enduring early-season limitation in playing in New England -

Minutewomen softball begins season with cross-country travel, string of tournaments -

UMass baseball looks to bounce back from disappointing 2016 season -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior Hannah Murphy is Angela McMahon’s latest legend in the making -

UMass women’s lacrosse senior defenders accept leadership roles in quest for ninth consecutive Atlantic 10 Championship -

Kelsey McGovern rejoins UMass women’s lacrosse as an assistant coach after starring for Minutewomen -

UMass men’s lacrosse looks to continue improving throughout 2017 season -

Spring Sports Special Issue 2017 -

UMass men’s lacrosse defense relying on senior leadership with new faces in starting lineup -

Colonials tie for 1st after rout over SBU

A commanding 15-4 victory over St. Bonaventure on Saturday vaulted the George Washington baseball team into a tie for first place in the Atlantic 10 conference. Capitalizing on six errors by their opponents, the Colonials earned the victory and their second straight series sweep to remain perfect so far this season in conference play.

Despite a 4-for-5 day at the plate for Jesse Bosnik, the Bonnies couldn’t keep pace with the Colonial attack. They recorded double-digit hits for the second straight game, with 11, but the Colonials topped their mark with 13 hits of their own.

Upperclassmen led the offensive explosion for the Colonials, who saw two players hit home runs, three record multi-hit games and five score multiple runs in the contest.

Senior infielder Chris Holland had three hits, two runs batted in and scored two runs. Fellow senior Chris Luick followed suit, recording two hits and scoring three runs in the rout.

Junior Brendon Kelliher and sophomore Stephen Oswald each homered in the win. Kelliher tallied his seventh home run six games into the season. Entering the game as a pinch hitter, Oswald highlighted a seven-run eighth inning with a towering blast over the right field fence and gave the Colonials some insurance.

Pitcher Eric Cantrell earned his fourth win of the season with six scoreless innings and seven strikeouts. Cantrell now leads the team in strikeouts with 49.

George Washington (16-10, 6-0 A-10) travels to Annapolis, Md. on Tuesday to take on the Naval Academy. The Bonnies have lost five straight games and now fall to 4-13 overall and 0-5 in A-10 play.

URI outlasts Fordham

After a marathon 15 innings of back-and-forth play, Rhode Island pushed the winning run across the plate and beat Fordham on Thursday night.

Freshman Kevin Stenhouse’s pinch-hit double in the top of the 15th inning scored Adam Derner and gave URI the 6-5 lead as it held onto for the victory.

URI scored first after a solo home run by sophomore Milan Adams put them up by one in the third inning, but the Rams countered in the next half inning by plating two runners of their own. They added two more runs to their total in the fourth inning, holding onto a 4-1 lead for the next two innings.

In the sixth, URI’s offense awoke and reclaimed the lead after four runners scored in the top half of the inning. Smart base running allowed runners to advance into scoring position, and timely hitting by junior Evan Laude highlighted the inning for the Rams. Fordham failed on a pickoff attempt, which allowed the go-ahead run to score.

Fordham rallied in the bottom of the ninth inning to tie the game at five and send the game into extra innings, where it remained for several frames. Pitcher Daniel Munday struck out three in the last four innings of play, but could not hold on any longer, giving up Stenhouse’s double in the top of the 15th inning.

With the 6-5 win, URI moves to 10-12 and 3-1 in A-10 play, while Fordham drops to 7-17 and 2-2 in the A-10.

Michael Wood can be reached at mcwood@student.umass.edu.