The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

UMass takes 1st in Regatta

UMass Media Relations

After finishing second overall in the Atlantic 10 Championships two weekends ago, the Massachusetts crew team competed against Amherst and Vermont in a doubleheader regatta on the Connecticut River over the weekend.

The Minutewomen faced off against Amherst on Saturday morning. The Lord Jeffs looked to impress in their bout against their cross-town rivals, entering one boat in the Varsity 4 races.

UMass defeated Amherst and finished in first place. All through the course of the morning, the two schools held multiple head-to-head races against each other.

Sunday, however, proved to be much more of a challenge against a strong Vermont crew.

The Lady Catamounts displayed their young team on the Connecticut River, that edged out the Minutemen by 1.6 seconds on Sunday morning. Vermont (6:42.20) narrowly escaped the Minutewomen (6:43.80) by a little over a second.

Vermont fell victim to a strong surge by UMass’ Novice 8 boat added a high note to the morning. They defeated the Catamounts by 0.8 seconds, with an overall time of 7:08.10.

This weekend, the Minutewomen travel to Hanover, New Hampshire, for the upcoming Double Duel Regatta, where UMass will face Dartmouth, Buffalo and Cornell.

Next for the Minutewomen are two more meets in the month of May. The first is the Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia followed by the U.S. Rowing Collegiate Championships in Mercer, New Jersey.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu.