Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass takes 1st in Regatta

UMass Media Relations

After finishing second overall in the Atlantic 10 Championships two weekends ago, the Massachusetts crew team competed against Amherst and Vermont in a doubleheader regatta on the Connecticut River over the weekend.

The Minutewomen faced off against Amherst on Saturday morning. The Lord Jeffs looked to impress in their bout against their cross-town rivals, entering one boat in the Varsity 4 races.

UMass defeated Amherst and finished in first place. All through the course of the morning, the two schools held multiple head-to-head races against each other.

Sunday, however, proved to be much more of a challenge against a strong Vermont crew.

The Lady Catamounts displayed their young team on the Connecticut River, that edged out the Minutemen by 1.6 seconds on Sunday morning. Vermont (6:42.20) narrowly escaped the Minutewomen (6:43.80) by a little over a second.

Vermont fell victim to a strong surge by UMass’ Novice 8 boat added a high note to the morning. They defeated the Catamounts by 0.8 seconds, with an overall time of 7:08.10.

This weekend, the Minutewomen travel to Hanover, New Hampshire, for the upcoming Double Duel Regatta, where UMass will face Dartmouth, Buffalo and Cornell.

Next for the Minutewomen are two more meets in the month of May. The first is the Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia followed by the U.S. Rowing Collegiate Championships in Mercer, New Jersey.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu.