UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

UMass takes 1st in Regatta

UMass Media Relations

After finishing second overall in the Atlantic 10 Championships two weekends ago, the Massachusetts crew team competed against Amherst and Vermont in a doubleheader regatta on the Connecticut River over the weekend.

The Minutewomen faced off against Amherst on Saturday morning. The Lord Jeffs looked to impress in their bout against their cross-town rivals, entering one boat in the Varsity 4 races.

UMass defeated Amherst and finished in first place. All through the course of the morning, the two schools held multiple head-to-head races against each other.

Sunday, however, proved to be much more of a challenge against a strong Vermont crew.

The Lady Catamounts displayed their young team on the Connecticut River, that edged out the Minutemen by 1.6 seconds on Sunday morning. Vermont (6:42.20) narrowly escaped the Minutewomen (6:43.80) by a little over a second.

Vermont fell victim to a strong surge by UMass’ Novice 8 boat added a high note to the morning. They defeated the Catamounts by 0.8 seconds, with an overall time of 7:08.10.

This weekend, the Minutewomen travel to Hanover, New Hampshire, for the upcoming Double Duel Regatta, where UMass will face Dartmouth, Buffalo and Cornell.

Next for the Minutewomen are two more meets in the month of May. The first is the Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia followed by the U.S. Rowing Collegiate Championships in Mercer, New Jersey.

David Martin can be reached at dmmartin@student.umass.edu.