Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

‘Dad Vail’ up next for UM rowers

The Massachusetts rowing team will travel to Philadelphia this weekend for the Dad Vail regatta where at least 40 teams will be travelling from all over the country to compete.

The regatta will include teams from Sacramento State, San Diego, Duke, Buffalo and familiar conference foes Saint Josephs and Fordham.

UMass coach Jim Dietz said his whole team was pretty excited for this race. There have been a couple lineup changes, one of which includes the move to the Varsity 8 for senior Samantha Smith. Sophomore Amanda Doolin, who Dietz thinks “is a real boat mover,” will also be making her return to the team after missing last week’s regatta at Dartmouth.

Sophomore Emily Grogan and junior Kelsey Schachter will control the pair boat, a change from last week’s pair that was upended after having a successful Atlantic 10 Championship run.

Dietz thinks his Varsity 8 should be up near the top of the leader board in the Varsity 8 with some of the more successful teams like Buffalo. He also feels good about the Lightweight 8.

Training switched from their base workouts, which consisted of lower stroke ratings. Recently the team has been concentrating more on speed work.

The team will be well-rested for the regatta that will begin Friday and last through Saturday. He expects his crew to be going down the river at a pace of about 34-35 strokes per minute.

Dietz said this is a great regatta because it includes so many teams from across the country. The Dad Vail regatta is the largest collegiate regatta in the United States.

UMass will look to improve upon last weekend’s touch showing against Dartmouth, Buffalo and Cornell where both the first and second Varsity 8 boats took fourth place in their respective races.

The Minutewomen will look to challenge Buffalo just as they did last week.

A-10 First Team member senior Megan Donovan earned A-10 Student Athlete of the Year and UMass Scholar Athlete of the year. The Orange, MA native earned a 3.966 grade point average in Kinesiology.

Next week, UMass will travel to Mercer, N.J., for the U.S. Rowing Collegiate championships.

Eric Mansfield can be reached at eamansfi@student.umass.edu.