UMass men’s soccer falls to No. 6 Syracuse in season opener -

UMass football boasts young, balanced rushing attack going into 2016 season -

UMass football looks to add more size, depth on defensive side heading into 2016 -

UMass football gets back in action with start of training camp -

UMass football coach Mark Whipple announces Ross Comis as starting quarterback, transfer Andrew Ford close behind -

Amherst PD to encourage registering off-campus parties with implementation of Party Smart Registration program -

UMass Board of Trustees votes 11-2 to raise tuition and fees an average of 5.8 percent -

Mike Stone announces retirement following 2017 season -

‘Warcraft’ delivers a likeable mess -

Former UMass field hockey coach Carla Tagliente accepts job at Princeton -

50 Activists attend meeting as UMass Board of Trustees approves motion of divestment from fossil fuel companies -

Four former Minutemen depart from UMass hockey program -

Boston Calling 2016 delivers rousing farewell to City Hall Plaza -

Sufjan Stevens unearths quirk at Boston Calling -

The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Matt Nathanson brings “All Night Noise” to Noho

Tomorrow night at the Calvin Theater in Northampton, Bay State-native Matt Nathanson will be performing as part of his “All Night Noise” tour. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m.

Facebook

Opening for Nathanson is Rachel Platten, a singer-songwriter from New York. Her newest album “Be Here” was released in April 2011. From that album, her most popular track, according to iTunes, is the quirky “1,000 Ships.” Platten’s uplifting and instantly catchy tunes are sure to set the perfect tone for Nathanson’s set.

Nathanson’s latest album, “Modern Love,” was released in June of last year. Lyrically, it falls right into place with his usual themes of love, lust and the downfalls therein.

The first single released off “Modern Love” was “Faster,” an anthem about attraction – pure and simple. Another notable track from the album, “Run,” features the country/pop band Sugarland. The richly arranged song boasts of the passion and desire in a relationship.

“Modern Love” captures the brilliant songwriting that Nathanson has exhibited throughout his career, while shifting to a more poppy sound. In a possible attempt to make a move toward the mainstream, Nathanson has shied away from the rocking attitude featured on previous albums, like 2007’s “Some Mad Hope.” Instead, he has produced an energetic and upbeat album that features a new side to the songwriter.

The success of “Some Mad Hope” earned Nathanson the prestigious title of one of VH1’s “You Oughta Know” artists. The sensation of the album allowed him to grace such nationally televised stages as those of “Late Show with David Letterman,” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.”

Nathanson’s shows are reputed to be genuinely unique concert experiences. Audiences are treated to a musical performance, a sing-along and a comedy show all bundled into one night. A performance in the cultural and diverse Northampton venue will show an enthusiastic event full of dancing, laughing and plenty of singing.

To get a taste of Nathanson’s eccentric onstage charm, listen to his live album “At the Point,” which contains tracks with entirely adlibbed lyrics about pants; throughout the album, Nathanson also takes random requests from the audience. In the past, he has played “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service or even the iconic 1980’s dance hit “Take On Me” by A-Ha. He is known to involve the audience in these fun cover performances.

This Saturday night is one of the many stops of the “All Night Noise” tour. The dates for this tour are intertwined with Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” tour, though Clarkson will be performing in Ontario, Canada tomorrow night. As Nathanson’s popularity grows, he has opened for bigger and bigger names and is now headlining his own tour.

Many do not realize that Nathanson has been around for such a long time, and it is not until now that he has really gotten a spotlight in mainstream music. His first album was released over 18 years ago when he was just 20 years old. Since then, his music has matured and transformed into the beautiful masterpieces he will perform tomorrow night.

To purchase tickets for Nathanson’s “All Night Noise” tour tomorrow night at the Calvin Theater, either buy them at the box office or online at NBOtickets.com. The price of the tickets for the show is no more than $25, depending on where you want to sit.

Charlene Swain can be reached at ceswain@student.umass.edu.