The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Winter parking ban to come into effect Dec. 1

Flickr/Mike Saechang

Beginning Dec. 1, Amherst’s winter parking ban will go into effect and parking of vehicles on town streets overnight will be prohibited.

Christopher Pronovost, officer of patrol operations for the Amherst Police Department, said the nightly ban runs from 2 to 6 a.m., and is usually heavily enforced until around March, when warmer weather becomes commonplace and the risk of snowstorms diminishes.

“If you’re a student, you should find winter parking arrangements,” Pronovost said in an interview Monday, saying that buying a parking permit from the University of Massachusetts might end up being worth the cost.

For a first offense, the vehicle’s license plate is run through a computer system and issued a warning.

If violating the ban a second time, a $25 fine is issued.

Upon a third offense, the owner of the vehicle is ticketed and it is towed at the owner’s expense, usually by Ernie’s Towing or Amherst Towing. Towing usually costs over $100, Pronovost said.

“We have a system in place, and we try to warn people,” Pronovost said, adding that if a surprise snowstorm hits, all cars parked on the street are towed regardless of number of offenses because “we need to clear the street.”

Pronovost said alternative parking locations during the winter ban include the parking lots located on Pray Street and off of Amity Street behind CVS.

Pronovost said he would put the average number of vehicles towed during the winter parking ban at six per week for a total of about 100 cars during the winter months.

Chelsie Field can be reached at cfield@student.umass.edu.