SGA outlines plan to involve students in proposed IT fee process -

Thursday, May 28, 2015

UMass ultimate frisbee reflects on national quarterfinals run -

Monday, May 25, 2015

Former Canisius guard Zach Lewis to transfer to UMass -

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter: Deflate-Gate, where’s the air? -

Monday, May 18, 2015

Derrick Gordon announces he will transfer to Seton Hall -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass baseball closes season out with series victory over George Mason -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass to allow four student businesses to accept Dining Dollars next year -

Saturday, May 16, 2015

UMass baseball stymied by John Williams in loss to George Mason -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jury sentences Tsarnaev to death -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop ignoring your white privilege -

Thursday, May 14, 2015

UMass basketball scheduled for showdown with Ole Miss in 2015 Holiday Showcase game -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Letter: Wall is a regression towards racial inequality -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

UMass falls to Fairfield in extra innings in final home game -

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

UMass basketball recruit Marcquise Reed chooses Clemson -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass baseball drops Senior Day rubber match against URI -

Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter: Shocked at radio host’s ban from WMUA -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in second round of NCAA tournament against top-seeded Maryland -

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘It’s okay not to know’ -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Defense, Eipp’s five goals lead UMass women’s lacrosse past Jacksonville in NCAA tournament -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Quianna Diaz-Patterson closes book on historic senior season, successful career for UMass softball -

Friday, May 8, 2015

BC coach Jerry York ties all-time wins mark, UNH tops UML

MCT

Boston College coach Jerry York won his 924th career game Saturday night, which ties him with Ron Mason as the winningest coach in NCAA Division I hockey history when No. 1 Boston College avoided a weekend series sweep against No. 9 Boston University with a 5-2 win.

The Eagles (11-2-0, 9-2-0 HEA) found themselves in a close game after the first period, as the Terriers (8-5-0, 6-4-0 HEA) found a way to keep the score tied 1-1.

BU was held to just one goal on 13 shots on goal in the second period while the Eagles notched three goals in the frame with two coming from Bill Arnold.

BU failed to respond immediately to the second period beat down, marking a 4-2 score entering the third and final period. After another BC score to tally up the deficit, Evan Rodriguez scored his third goal of the season with six minutes left in the game off of assists from Garrett Noonan and Cason Hohmann to make the score 5-2.

The Eagles scored four power play goals in eight man-up advantages and the Terriers scored only twice on six power play possessions.

UNH handles UMass Lowell

Over the weekend, the No. 2 New Hampshire hockey team overcame the struggling UMass Lowell squad, putting up a final score of 5-2.

The Wildcats (11-1-2, 8-1-1 Hockey East Association) were pushed to a No. 2 national ranking following the victory over the River Hawks (4-7-1, 2-6-1 HEA), extending its unbeaten streak to eight games.

Although the three-goal advantage gave UNH some security to seal the victory, UML kept up for most of the game. Trailing by just one goal entering the final period, the River Hawks outshot the Wildcats, 12-11.

Most of the game’s offense came in the first two periods, as a total of five goals were scored off of 36 shots on goal. UMass struck first with Stephen Buco’s second goal of the season, with assists from Terrence Wallin and Scott Wilson. The lead diminished fast as UNH scored two goals within a five-minute span, one at the end of the first period and the other at the beginning of the second, from Eric Knodel and Justin Agosta. Stephen Buco scored again 22 seconds later to tie up the score, only to have Dalton Speelman steal the UNH lead later in the second period.

The Wildcats look to continue their streak on Thursday, taking on Hockey East foe Boston University. UMass Lowell is scheduled to take on Northeastern on Saturday.

Tom Mulherin can be reached at tmulheri@student.umass.edu.

You must be logged in to post a comment.