UMass football picks up first win of the season in blowout win over Georgia Southern -

Student in critical condition after pedestrian-vehicle accident on Friday -

UMass women’s soccer fails to secure spot in A-10 tournament with loss to Saint Louis -

Struggles with special teams sinks UMass hockey -

UMass hockey drops second of the year in 3-1 loss to Ohio State -

Amazon textbook contract ending in December 2018 -

UMass field hockey heads into crucial A-10 matchup -

2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault reports spike on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

SGA election results ratified Monday night

(Christina Yacono/Daily Collegian)

(Christina Yacono/Daily Collegian)

The Student Government Association met Monday night to ratify the election results of the presidential, vice presidential and student trustee positions.

Chancellor of Elections Divya Kirti presented voter turnout results, complaints and the different steps that were taken by the elections commission for this year’s elections.

Kirti said there were two meet-and-greets with the candidates during Late Night at Berk and Late Night at Worcester. Although the voting percentage stood at 15.38 percent for the presidential/vice presidential election and 12.84 percent for the student trustee position, Kirti said she felt this year’s commission did well in terms of trying to expand its horizons with outreach to students.

In terms of how many people turned out to vote, Kirti said, “It was disappointing to see it not be a higher number.” But she added that the percentage is considered average compared to years past.

Kirti also addressed the election complaints that were brought against various tickets and candidates. Eight of these complaints were issued during the election, while two more were added over spring break.

Eight of the 10 complaints did not have enough evidence or information to license a warning, though two of them resulted in a warning of the Barrett/Barbosa and the Kelly/Gay tickets. This was due to a complaint issued by presidential candidate Rocco Giordano that multiple flyers of both tickets were spotted in public spaces, which was in violation of the Residence Hall Solicitation campaign law.

Speaker of the Senate Sïonan Barrett and Chantal Lima Barbosa won the presidential/vice presidential election with 1,370 votes and Emily O’Neil won the student trustee election with 1,464 votes.

All three of the ballot questions that were raised passed.

Catherine Ferris can be reached at caferris@umass.edu and followed on Twitter @Ca_Ferris2.