Report: UMass men’s basketball set to hire Matt McCall as next head coach -

Community talks education, immigrants’ rights, climate change with state senators -

Q&A: Khalif Nunnally-Rivera, an advocate for access and affordability for underrepresented students -

Plant-Based Nutrition club promotes healthier, sustainable diets on campus -

Rolling tobacco and high profits for iRollie -

UMass softball to kickoff conference schedule on Thursday at Boston University -

UMass baseball coach Mike Stone trying not to dwell on 2017 being his final season -

Fresh off NCAA Championship appearance, UMass diver Emma Roush looks ahead -

Notebook: UMass men’s soccer adds junior college transfer to roster for next season -

Newly appointed UMass defensive line coach Dave Wissman has taken interesting road to Amherst -

Student Union Craft Center serves as an open space of expression for students -

An ode to Amherst’s American Legion -

Letter: The Graduate Employee Organization wants to empower those who are marginalized -

To counter and balance: A place for conversation in the opinion pages -

Activism can change the world -

Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass professor to make third appearance on ‘Jeopardy!’

After facing challenging questions on NATO, Canadian lakes and musician marriages, University of Massachusetts professor and associate dean Joseph Bartolomeo will make his third appearance on “Jeopardy!” Monday night.

On Friday’s show, Bartolomeo, an English professor who specializes in 18th century British literature, faced congressional press secretary Dante Atkins from Washington D.C. and Christina Bussmann, a social worker from Columbus, Ohio.

The Final Jeopardy round was based on an 18th century work. The clue was: “Modern bourgeois society…is like the sorcerer who is no longer able to control the powers…called up by his spells.” The quote from the 1848 work titled “The Communist Manifesto” by German philosophers Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.

Bartolomeo wagered $7,500 and answered the question correctly. His earnings jumped from $15,000 to $22,500, placing him as 2-day champion. His total earnings surged from $14,000 to $36,000.

On his first appearance that aired on Jan. 5, Bartolomeo faced actuary Kelsey Morgan from Charlottesville, Virginia and returning champion Amanda Berofsky, a qualifying assurance analyst from Waterford, Michigan.

The category of the final round was “men of science.” The hint asked: “him vs. him: ‘The Life-Long Feud that Electrified the World’ is a book about these two men.” The book was about Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla.

Bartolomeo wagered $200, but failed to answer the question correctly. His earning totaled to $14,000, narrowly defeating the other two contestants.

Bartolomeo joined the UMass English faculty in 1986 after earning his doctorate from Harvard. In 2007, he served as chair of the department of English until 2013. In 2013, he was appointed associate dean of operations and programs for the College of the Humanities and Fine Arts.

Danny Cordova can be reached at dcordova@umass.edu and followed on Twitter @DannyJCordova.