Las Vegas continues to suck

Yup, here I am again. Back to give out my two (or three, or four) cents about this season of MTV’s “Real World.” As the season continues to steadily suck, and just when I didn’t think it could get any worse, last week’s episode exceeded my expectations of crap.

The main focus of this week’s half hour of soft-core porn is yes, roommates that hook up and other roommates and get violent when they are jealous. So Steven and Trishelle are re-writing the book on how to be an awful roommate, with rule one being have sex when your roommate is sleeping in the room. They execute this rule perfectly, waking up poor Frank with the “slapping” and finally retiring to the confessional so they can continue to bang without being interrupted. Little do we know that this makes Brynn extremely unhappy.

So Brynn, instead of being a rational and normal person, lets all of this stew up inside her because she believes that she should be hooking up with Steven, and a few days later everything comes to a boil and Brynn stabs Steven with a fork. And people say there’s a lack of solid entertainment in television today.

Steve, rightfully so, gets a little upset and calls Brynn every four letter word that has ever existed, and says he wants her out of the house. All the other roommates agree that this is Steven’s decision. Steven wants her out, and doesn’t want to deal with it. It all ends lovey and sappy, and Brynn ends up being able to stay as Steven says she reminds him of how he used to act when he was younger. So everyone kisses and makes up and everything is all puppies and flowers until the next time Steven and Trishelle get nasty and Brynn gets pissed. What’s she going to stab him with next time? A spatula? Tune in next week to find out.

After writing my column last week, I realized I think I should have addressed the Irulan and Marc situation a little deeper. Let me just put out there that I think that Marc is the stereotypical scumbag horndog, and this guy shouldn’t be allowed to manage a McDonald’s, never mind a trendy, well received Vegas nightclub. When you are the boss, playing nicies with your co-workers is a bad idea. In fact, having relationships with people you work with is a bad idea. Marc gets Irulan drunk and then proceeds to try to seduce her into watching porn in his bed. Slick. I’m not saying that Irulan is innocent in this at all. There is no legit reason why she should have let herself get to such a point with such a disgusting excuse for a human being such as Marc. If you’re willing to go up to a guy’s hotel room and watch porn, he’s going to make certain assumptions. This still isn’t what makes me the maddest.

In the meeting the next day, Marc and all his dirty sweat stained glory (did anyone else see the nasty pit stains on his shirt when he had his arms up in the air?), instructed the cast that they are not to drink on the job because he doesn’t want to be “bad guy boss.” Later on, Steven sits Marc down about his lewd behavior with all the women in the house, and Marc’s like “I don’t want to dock pay..” blah, blah, blah. Marc is a sad little man with a overcompensation complex, and when he gets rejected for sex by all of the women in the house, he decides that he’s going to be a jackass and try to use his power as boss to overcompensate for his lack of success with the ladies. Marc is a wretched excuse for a boss and an even worse excuse for a human being.

This season is the saddest excuse for bad television. MTV has truly stooped to a new low that I thought was not possible after this summer’s “Sorority Life.” They sell off drama as petty talking behind the back and Frank referring to Arissa as the “black bitch.” Although that last comment was the wrong thing to say, Frank didn’t mean anything by it, and it was just a comment that shouldn’t have been made and Arissa flies off the handle about it and refuses to let it go. Wow, grudges on the “Real World.” So creative. Between bosses that are walking sexual harassment cases, hypersensitive and horny cast members and assault with kitchen utensils, this season keeps lifting the bar for waste of life.

Lizzy Nielsen is a Collegian Columnist.