Mullins kicks off spring weekend

This weekend marks the official kickoff of spring on campus with the annual Spring Concert, headlined by rapper 50 Cent, and perhaps the Mullins Center’s most anticipated concert of the year on Monday, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.

The Mullins Center has a series of activities planned leading up to both events. Tonight, the Monkey Bar and Delano’s will be hosting “Two Steppin’ in Da Club” night in anticipation of the weekend’s events. Beginning at 10 p.m., customers will be given the opportunity to win the final two tickets available for the Dave Matthews Show, as well as a pair of tickets to see hip-hop masters The Roots at Amherst College on Saturday.

The Spring Concert, sponsored by University Productions and Concerts, begins at 5 p.m. on Sunday with Cold Duck Complex opening. Hip-hop talent Rahzel will be featured during the evening, as well as ska band Reel Big Fish, and finally headliner 50 Cent. Tickets are still available at the Mullins Center or at ticketmaster.com.

Monday night, the Mullins Center presents the highly anticipated “Acoustic Evening with Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds.” This event is a fundraiser for the Tiger Kloof School, an educational facility in South Africa that provides its students with a Christian education and plays a vital role in the process of social integration in the region. The show is completely sold out, but tickets will be given away at promotions in town over the weekend.

For more information, contact the Mullins Center at 545-0505 or visit its website at www.mullinscenter.com

-Lizzy Nielsen