Several arrests keeping authorities busy

Tuesday, Sept. 23
11:19 a.m. A video camera worth between $1,500 and $2,000 was reported stolen from the Computer Science building.

11:30 a.m. A cell phone and textbooks were reported stolen from a teaching assistant’s office in the Isenberg School of Management.

1:32 p.m. A caller reported that her vehicle had flooded during the heavy downpour earlier. UMPD reported assisting numerous motorists during the torrential downpour.

1:50 p.m. A fire alarm activated in the Mullins Center. Environmental Health and Safety was notified, apparently the heavy rain activated the alarm.

2:47 p.m. A caller reported a fire alarm in Blaisdell House. Environmental Health and safety notified that the alarm is due to the weather.

7:28 p.m. A report of a vehicle on fire in Lot 11 was received. Amherst Fire Department and Environmental Health and Safety responded. The owner was notified and the vehicle was towed.

Wednesday Sept. 24
12:40 a.m. Douglas Horne, 18, of 136 Eastbourne Rd., Newton, Mass., was arrested in Lot 11 for possession of a Class D substance.

12:57 a.m. Multiple calls were received regarding a vehicle rollover on Massachusetts Ave. Amherst Police department reported that the vehicle was stolen. Amherst Fire Department responded and no personal injury was reported. Amherst Police assumed arrests.

6 a.m. Eight vehicles were found vandalized in Lot 22. Three of the vehicles had broken rear windows, three had missing side windows and three of the vehicles’ stereos were removed. The owners were notified.

9:27 a.m. A party reported a breaking and entering on his vehicle in Lot 32.

11:45 a.m. A caller reported that the back window of her vehicle had been smashed within two hours of her report in Lot 32.

12:03 p.m. A report was received of a break-in of a car in Lot 12. One hundred CDs in a case and a radar detector were reportedly stolen.

2:16 p.m. A caller reported a fight between two people in Lot 45. Officers reported that all was quiet and arrested Nicholas Rivard, 29, of 10A Karin Dr., Plainfield, Conn., for misdemeanor larceny.

8:25 p.m. A resident assistant reported a subject duct taped to a pole in the Orchard Hill Residential Area. Responding officers found that the subject was able to free himself and had apparently allowed his friends to duct tape him to the pole after losing a bet.

9:12 p.m. A party reported that someone had entered her unlocked room in Coolidge Hall. Two purses, a wallet, credit cards and money, valuing $1,000, were reported stolen.

11:54 p.m. A party reported that her vehicle’s rear window was smashed out in Lot 32.

Thursday Sept. 25
9:25 a.m. Montague Police reported that a missing person had last made a phone call from the UMass campus. Telecom was advised and was able to trace the call. Officers were shown photos and searched the area but no one was found. Montague Police were advised.

4:32 p.m. Parking Services reported that an unoccupied vehicle had rolled out of a space and struck a state vehicle. The vehicle was towed and the party advised to take insurance information to the Parking Services office.

5:03 p.m. A caller in Mackimmie Hall reported her UCard stolen and money withdrawn from the debit account.

10:16 p.m. A report was received of fireworks in Lot 50 between John Quincy Adams Tower and Patterson Hall. The responding officer reported that all was quiet upon arrival.

11:50 p.m. The resident director of Cance Hall requested assistance for a check on a resident. The officer reported that the student was not there, and that the mother will call UMPD if the resident was not located by the morning.

Friday Sept. 26
1:47 a.m. A caller in Cashin Hall reported that someone had entered his suite and stolen his lava lamp and a UMass coffee table valued at $100.

2:05 a.m. Environmental Health and Safety reported that a fire alarm in Gorman Hall was apparently caused by someone attempting to light the smoke detector on fire.

9:50 a.m. A party reported that there was a suspicious Fed-Ex truck with no rear plate and two occupants hiding inside. The responding officer reported that the vehicle was moving.

1:58 p.m. A party reported that there was a verbal confrontation ongoing at the Fine Arts Center. The officer stated that the party was trespassing and was transported off campus.

3:22 p.m. A party reported that she and her roommate had money stolen from their locked room in Brown Hall.

4:11 p.m. A caller reported that since he last parked his car in Lot 12, someone had replaced the right front tire with a flat spare tire.

5:26 p.m. Two vehicles were reported vandalized in Lot 44.

6:06 p.m. A party reported losing his key ring containing UMass keys, car keys and a Minute Man library card, near Mahar Auditorium.

8:16 p.m. Lauren Macdonald, 18, of 21 Heather Dr., Wilmington, Mass., was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

8:34 p.m. A resident assistant reported that he could hear glass breaking outside Patterson Hall. Police cadets reported finding broken bottles outside and the fourth floor bathroom window broken. Housing Services was notified.

Saturday, Sept. 27
12:19 a.m. Student Security reported an intoxicated male outside Kennedy Hall. The subject checked OK.

12:55 a.m. A resident assistant reported swastikas drawn in the sixth floor hallway and stairwell. Housing Services was notified.

1:08 a.m. A transit dispatcher reported that there were several subjects tearing down fencing near the Haigis Mall.

1:12 a.m. An officer noticed several subjects carrying fencing in Lot 62. Brett Danahy, 21, of 21 Parsons Dr., Swampscott, Mass., and Christopher Harrsion, 21, of 143 Spring St., Fairhaven, Mass., were arrested for misdemeanor destruction of property and misdemeanor larceny.

1:22 a.m. An officer responded to a report of a robbery in Kennedy Hall. The party stated that he had been assaulted by three men in an elevator. The subject was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.

1:35 a.m. A party reported a large group of people gathering in the Sylvan courtyard. The officer stated that the group was moved along.

2:15 a.m. A cadet reported a group of three males rummaging through a car on Fearing Street. An officer issued trespasses and the suspect vehicle left campus.

2:43 a.m. A resident assistant reported hearing glass breaking in the fourth floor men’s bathroom in John Adams Tower. The responding officer found a broken window and Housing Services was notified.

4:49 a.m. Reports of a loud party in Pierpont Hall were received. The responding officer stated that all was quiet and housing was notified for cleanup.

5:51 a.m. A party stated that most of the doors on the third floor of Pierpont Hall had offensive writing on them. An officer reported that 40 doors had obscenities written on them. Housing Services was notified.

1:22 p.m. An officer met with a vehicle operator regarding damage to the driver’s side windows.

5:15 p.m. Individuals on roller blades riding the rails near Kennedy Hall were sent off campus.

9:23 p.m. Joshua Pereira, 20, of 1010 Maple St., Palmer, Mass., was arrested for driving with a revoked license and failure to stop/yield.

10:43 p.m. A resident assistant reported that someone threw an object through the windows in the lobby of John Adams Tower, shattering glass all over the receptionist. The responding officer reported that the receptionist was not injured and Emergency Housing was notified.

10:52 p.m. Large windows in the lobby area on the Sunset Street side of Patterson dormitory were smashed. Housing was notified.

Sunday, Sept. 28
12:15 a.m. An officer reported that the Amherst Police were breaking up a party in the area of the fraternities. UMPD reported a large crowd moving down Fearing Street. Officers then reported about 60 subjects in the area of
the pyramids and about 100 students in the Southwest Residential Area.

1 a.m. Officers responding to a report of a fight in Lot 32 arrested Mathew Enegess, 21, of 943 Boylston St., Newton, Mass., for disorderly conduct.

1:29 a.m. An officer reported objects being thrown out a window in John Quincy Adams Tower.

1:57 a.m. A resident assistant reported that a student had beaten on and ran a knife down her door. Services were rendered.

11:53 a.m. UMPD served a warrant in Brooks Hall. Kyle Albertini, 18, of 74 Cox St., Hudson, Mass., was arrested.

6:25 p.m. A subject came to the station wishing to speak with an officer. Jonathan Schwall, 19, of 186 Randall Rd., Stow, Mass.. was arrested on a warrant.