Student injures head after running into door

Wed., March 3

3:28 p.m. A party reported a bicycle theft from outside of Cance Hall sometime Monday night. The value of the stolen item was estimated at $150. A report was taken.

Thurs., March 4

5:47 p.m. A person reported that a hawk had flown into the window of the lounge in Mackimmie Hall. Emergency Health Services was notified and contacted the environmental police who took the hawk, which was an endangered species, to a local veterinarian for treatment.

6:53 p.m. A person reported that her debit and credit cards were stolen between 11a.m. and noon from her unlocked room in John Quincy Adams Hall.

Fri., March 5

1:39 a.m. Michael Garraoui, 23, of 374 North Pleasant St., Amherst, was arrested during a traffic stop on Massachusetts Ave. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, marked lanes violations, negligent operation, speeding and failure to use a turn signal.

12:23 p.m. Officers responded to a call in North Village in an effort to resolve an ongoing domestic dispute. The officers took one party to Pittsfield.

12:43 p.m. A medical emergency was reported at the School of Management. One person suffered a seizure and was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.

8:38 p.m. Robert O’Brian, 20, of 405 Prospect St., Norwood, was arrested for violating liquor laws in lot 33. He was charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol and possession of a class D controlled substance.

10:53 p.m. A witness reported that two SUV’s were involved in a chase, one crashed into the other at the intersection of North Pleasant St. and Eastman Lane. An area check was unable to locate the vehicles and a report was taken.

Sat., March 6

3:14 a.m. Brian Smith, 23, of 19 Woodlawn St., Chicopee, was arrested during a traffic stop. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation, failure to stop/yield and obstructing an emergency vehicle.

4:33 a.m. Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in John Adams Hall and arrested Victor Foh, 20, of 175 Willard St. #12 Lowell. He was charged with assault and battery.

6:48 p.m. A party reported breaking and entering on a vehicle in lot 21. The faceplate for the stereo of the vehicle was stolen. A report was taken.

10:19 p.m. A medical emergency was reported in Kennedy Hall. The responding officer reported that one subject had cut his head open running into a door. The subject was transported to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.

Sun., March 7

2:58 p.m. Officers responded to a report of annoying telephone calls in Washington Hall. The officers reported that the caller had called several times and made unwanted sexually suggestive comments. The party was advised of her rights regarding phone service.

10:42 a.m. A maintainer reported soot and burn marks in McNamara Hall. According to University of Massachusetts Police Department this damage was constant with the burn marks found earlier this year in McNamara Hall.

7:25 p.m. A party reported that her X-box video game system had been stolen from a public lounge sometime during the previous night at McNamara Hall. A report was taken.