UMass calls off game at Vermont

Tuesday’s non-conference baseball game between the University of Massachusetts and the University of Vermont, scheduled to be played at 3 p.m. at Centennial Field in Burlington, Vt. has been cancelled due to a conflict with exams. No make-up date will be made.

In addition, previously postponed games with the University of Hartford and Marist will not be made up, as they have also been cancelled due to exam-related conflicts.

The Maroon and White (16-22 8-10 Atlantic 10) currently sit in fourth place in the A-10 East Division after taking two-of-three from Temple over the weekend. Rhode Island leads the division with a 17-4 conference record, followed by St. Bonaventure (12-6) and Fordham (11-10).

The Minutemen return to action this afternoon, when they will host Central Connecticut State in their final non-conference matchup of the season. First pitch is scheduled for 3 pm at Earl Lorden Field.

UMass will then complete the A-10 portion of their schedule over the next two weekends. They will travel to Olean, N.Y. for a three-game weekend series with St. Bonaventure this weekend, and will host defending A-10 champion Richmond for a three-game series beginning a week from Saturday in Amherst.

-Mike Marzelli