The Girlish Writer: “Who are you?”

Now when the Caterpillar asked Alice this question she responded by saying, “I hardly know sir, just at present–at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have changed several times since then.”

Though Alice was just a little girl, she answered in a way that I would actually answer on occasion. Does that make me a little girl too?

What about Holly Golightly?

In the taxi she has a breakdown saying, “I’m not Holly…I’m not Lulu May either, I don’t know who I am. I’m like cat here. We’re a couple of no name slobs. We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us, we don’t even belong to each other!”

Honestly it really amazes me when girls constantly say things like: “I know myself”, “I know who I am”, and “I know what I am.” It’s not that statements like that bother me or that I don’t believe them. Believe me, I bet there are a good amount of girls who do actually know who they are, but I also think there are a lot of girls who think they know what they are. If we truly knew ourselves, then would the word “unsure” ever be in our vocabulary? I believe the ideas of what it takes to be a girl are infinite and are forever changing and I can also say the same thing for personality because we are forever learning. Each day we are presented with new encounters, obstacles, choices, and in those we learn a little bit more about our self. For instance, I bet half of you didn’t think you’ d hook up with that guy the other night…

But seriously, what about those days where you’re doing something or you’re about to do something, and you have no idea what the hell you are doing or why you’re doing it? For that small second you’re at a complete lost of who you are. Sometimes it’s so bad you just want to cry.

The truth is I really don’t know myself. Every day I question if I’m a good person, if I can do better, or if I’m just like everybody else. Sometimes you just can’t explain yourself, because you don’t know yourself.

So how can a college girl’s character, dreams, thoughts, likings, and sass be justified?  Well that’s where I come in….

The famous Carrie Bradshaw did it with New York, the sexy Belle De Jour did it with London, and I’m doing it with this University, except it won’t just be about sex.

This blog can possibly contain everything or it can contain nothing to your significance. It’ll contain my girlish thoughts…..whatever that means, and other college girl opinions.

With that being said… get ready, get excited, and get reading!

-The Girlish Writer

Note:   I do not own any of the photos.

Fifty to sixty percent of these photos are taken my XG_M photography; click here to see her website, and they have agreed to take photos for my blog.

The rest are found on Deviant Art and Xanga, and I cite them as best I can!