Dissecting Science: Episode Two -

Holy Cross 10-run eighth inning sinks UMass baseball -

UMass students react to Spring Concert lineup -

Letter: Vote yes for Amherst -

You don’t have to walk alone -

Tyler Bogart and D.J. Smith lead UMass men’s lacrosse during three game win streak -

UMass women’s lacrosse emphasizes defense in approaching games as its key to gaining momentum for conference play -

Not much is new in ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ though it might not be a bad thing -

‘Get Out’ is a satirical horror for the post-Obama generation -

UPC releases spring concert lineup -

UMass hires Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey as next men’s basketball head coach -

Update: Contradicting reports surround Celtics assistant Micah Shrewsberry, a reported serious contender for UMass men’s basketball head coaching job -

Report: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry a serious contender for UMass men’s basketball head coaching job -

SGA reorganizes area governments -

Small group of students study during Hatch’s ‘soft opening’ -

Lecture addressing Islamophobia to be held Wednesday -

UMass women’s lacrosse uses basketball drills to help improve offensive and defensive skills over spring break -

Notebook: Report indicates men’s basketball job search could be closing in on leading candidates -

North Korea in the tense spotlight -

We don’t need more unnecessary features -

(Almost) a Witness to History

The inauguration was this past Tuesday; and damn it, The Collegian tried its best to cover it. I was talking to a colleague at the Daily Hoya, of Georgetown, and they couldn’t get photo passes either. So when it comes to the inauguration, you’ll have to take Nick Bush’s words for it.

He did a solid job wandering around D.C. taking in the sights and atmosphere. He was almost more excited to be there than the CNN folks. His story will be in the paper on Monday, along with the Amherst reaction to the election and a special article from Mary Carey of The Daily Hampshire Gazette. Larry Parnass, managing editor at the Gazette, traded Nick’s story for Mary’s. He said the cost was covered by my internship there last semester… thanks.

Check The Collegian’s Mass Society blog on Monday for the campus’ reaction to the inauguration. There, you’ll find student testimonials from across the country on how they felt during “the moment.”

One Response to “(Almost) a Witness to History”
  1. Pork says:

A slap in the face to those who cover the news. Down in the armpit of Mass. (Fall River), the Superintendent of Diman Vocational High School feverishly made certain only a small percentage of the school witnessed history by having cable t.v. disconnected in areas of the school even kicking out a handful of students who were watching it mannerly in the library. He is taking some well deserved heat.