Is Lost Saga like Super Smash Brothers Brawl?

Reggie Kwok/Collegian

Do you have a craving for a cartoon fighting video game? Do you own a computer? Need to find a way to kill an extra hour of your life? Play Lost Saga!

Lost Saga is where players from all over the world (mostly North America and South America) come together in this virtual world and duke it out in chaotic combat. As of now, there are twenty-six heroes to play as. Each Hero has four skills that are usable during battle. One can switch Heroes with one hit of a button. The simplistic controls allow anyone to fight like a pro. After fighting on the battlefield, people can chill in Plazas, where people chat and practice combos.

Here’s a brief description of a gaming season that I played the other day.

To start off, I took on the role of the Taekwondo Master. I barely dodged a laser cannon by running off to the side a bit. Then, I began to follow an enemy Grim Reaper. I didn’t notice that he was wearing Captain Hook’s hat. When he took off my head band with his Cursed Skull skill, I was pretty shocked. Luckily, another Captain Hook came in and allowed me to pick up my precious head band. Then, I dodged another laser cannon by using my concentrate skill (using a skill makes the user invulnerable during the whole time of the skill). Randomly, another enemy Captain Hook confronted me and knocked my hat off again! Then, I ran around in circles trying to knock people off the stage.

One of the best features about this game is the ability to jump into a game at any time. Some of the servers are beginner friendly, so you do not have to worry about experienced players defeating you at every single game. The graphics are awesome because the backgrounds and the Heroes have a little shine on them. The music and sounds in the game work but, unfortunately, the sounds are not special. The game could add more single player content to the game that involves fighting instead of just having Crusade mode, relic hunting, and fishing. One problem that exists in the game is “laggers” (players who move slowly or register hits slowly).

This game is a lot of fun, because anything can happen! This chaotic game will have you on the edge of your seat! Best of all, the game is absolutely free to play!

If you want to learn more about this game, click  here!

Reggie Kwok can be reached at [email protected].