Best songs to roadtrip to

traffic mct

(MCT)

As the weather gets warmer and we are getting antsy on the UMass campus, what perfect way to mix up the monotony of Amherst than to head out to see some buddies at other schools or some sights around the Valley? Worried about what tunes you’ll listen to? Here’s a list of just a great jams that will have you singing along with the windows open:

1. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
This classic is a song that no matter who you’re with, they will be guaranteed to know all the words to (and if they don’t, they have been living under a rock). Arguably one of the band’s biggest hits, this jam is fast paced and heart-felt, making it a perfect song to turn all the way up to drown out the potentially horrendous rendition by your friends.

2. “Highway to Hell” – AC/DC
Where are you headed? AC/DC thinks it’s Hell, but the way they make it sound, it doesn’t seem so bad. A classic hair band tune filled with pretty band vocals, screechy guitar solos and a quick drum beat, this song is a must for the car tunes.

3. “Shut Up and Drive” – Rihanna
For those of us who are more into today’s pop music, Rihanna’s hit will have time flying as you’re cruising. A song that tells about a strong female driver, (and like every other Rihanna song, alludes to a man being in the passenger seat) this upbeat jam will have you singing along in no time.

4. “Baba O’Reilly” – The Who
This is a song that I hold especially near and dear to my heart, as it was my graduation song. Though most of us aren’t teenagers anymore, it is safe to say that generally ‘we’re all wasted.’ The synthy beats and catchy lyrics beg you to jam along and yell the chorus. Released in 1971, it is still an amazing car ride song 40 years later.

5. “Free Fallin’” – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The list continues with another rock classic dedicated to a girl who loves her momma, Jesus, horses and her boyfriend. With Petty’s soft yet powerful voice and the band’s simple, yet also intense, rhythms make “Free Fallin’” the perfect song to roll down the windows and just cruise along to.

One Response to “Best songs to roadtrip to”
  1. 手機套 says:

I adore meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info!