UMass football fall camp: Minutemen look for Robert Kitching to anchor defensive line -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Closing arguments delivered in Adam Liccardi rape trial -

Monday, August 31, 2015

Early goals sink UMass men’s soccer in loss to Saint Peter’s -

Monday, August 31, 2015

UMass field hockey splits weekend matches with UNH and BU -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass women’s soccer struck by injuries, struggles offensively as it falls to No. 24 Rutgers -

Sunday, August 30, 2015

UMass men’s soccer drops season opener to Utah Valley in overtime -

Friday, August 28, 2015

UMass football notebook: Jackson Porter moves to WR, UMass schedules 2016 game with South Carolina -

Friday, August 28, 2015

Former UMass student who accused four men of rape in 2012 testifies during trial Friday -

Friday, August 28, 2015

REPORT: UMass football’s Da’Sean Downey faces two assault charges in connection with February fight -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football Media Day: Catching up with Joe Colton -

Thursday, August 27, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Creating turnovers, forcing mistakes the focus for linebacking corps -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Jurors hear police interview, read text messages by defendants in third UMass rape trial -

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

‘Living at UMass’ app aims to make move-in weekend a breeze -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass rape trial halts abruptly, opening statements delivered Tuesday -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Jamal Wilson returns from injury with confidence he is ‘main guy’ at running back -

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UMass football fall camp: Freshmen Sekai Lindsay, Andy Isabella impressing at running back -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass ranked in top 25 for LGBTQ students -

Monday, August 24, 2015

UMass football fall camp day five: Rodney Mills looks to continue bringing versatility to tight end position -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Route 9 Diner to reopen under new ownership -

Friday, August 21, 2015

Rising UMass sophomore dies unexpectedly -

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Best songs to roadtrip to

traffic mct

(MCT)

As the weather gets warmer and we are getting antsy on the UMass campus, what perfect way to mix up the monotony of Amherst than to head out to see some buddies at other schools or some sights around the Valley? Worried about what tunes you’ll listen to? Here’s a list of just a great jams that will have you singing along with the windows open:

1. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
This classic is a song that no matter who you’re with, they will be guaranteed to know all the words to (and if they don’t, they have been living under a rock). Arguably one of the band’s biggest hits, this jam is fast paced and heart-felt, making it a perfect song to turn all the way up to drown out the potentially horrendous rendition by your friends.

2. “Highway to Hell” – AC/DC
Where are you headed? AC/DC thinks it’s Hell, but the way they make it sound, it doesn’t seem so bad. A classic hair band tune filled with pretty band vocals, screechy guitar solos and a quick drum beat, this song is a must for the car tunes.

3. “Shut Up and Drive” – Rihanna
For those of us who are more into today’s pop music, Rihanna’s hit will have time flying as you’re cruising. A song that tells about a strong female driver, (and like every other Rihanna song, alludes to a man being in the passenger seat) this upbeat jam will have you singing along in no time.

4. “Baba O’Reilly” – The Who
This is a song that I hold especially near and dear to my heart, as it was my graduation song. Though most of us aren’t teenagers anymore, it is safe to say that generally ‘we’re all wasted.’ The synthy beats and catchy lyrics beg you to jam along and yell the chorus. Released in 1971, it is still an amazing car ride song 40 years later.

5. “Free Fallin’” – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The list continues with another rock classic dedicated to a girl who loves her momma, Jesus, horses and her boyfriend. With Petty’s soft yet powerful voice and the band’s simple, yet also intense, rhythms make “Free Fallin’” the perfect song to roll down the windows and just cruise along to.

One Response to “Best songs to roadtrip to”
  1. 手機套 says:

I adore meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info!