UMass football selected to finish fourth in MAC East preseason poll -

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Legislature overrides Baker’s UMass budget cut -

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Report: UMass football’s Todd Stafford arrested Saturday morning in Stamford, Connecticut -

Monday, July 20, 2015

UMass names Molly O’Mara newly-created associate director of athletics for communications and PR -

Monday, July 20, 2015

Baker approves state budget, UMass to receive $5.25 million less than legislature’s proposed figure -

Friday, July 17, 2015

UMass bathroom policy to provide comfort, safety for transgender and non-gender conforming students -

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Long-time UMass professor Normand Berlin, 83, dies -

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

UMass professor and poet James Tate dies at 71 -

Thursday, July 9, 2015

State legislators propose budget, UMass could receive almost $532 million -

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cause of death determined for UMass student Chloe Malast -

Monday, July 6, 2015

Nick Mariano, Zach Oliveri transferring from UMass men’s lacrosse program -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Four months after banning Iranian students from certain graduate programs, UMass announces new measures to ensure compliance with U.S. law -

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison -

Monday, June 29, 2015

Two future UMass hockey players selected in 2015 NHL Draft -

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Supreme Court ruling clears way for same-sex marriage nationwide -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Former UMass center Cady Lalanne taken 55th overall by Spurs in 2015 NBA Draft -

Friday, June 26, 2015

Second of four men found guilty on three counts of aggravated rape in 2012 UMass gang rape case -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Boston bomber speaks out for first time: ‘I am sorry for the lives I have taken’ -

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

King claims sex with woman was consensual during alleged 2012 gang rape -

Wrongful death suit filed in death of UMass student -

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Best songs to roadtrip to

traffic mct

(MCT)

As the weather gets warmer and we are getting antsy on the UMass campus, what perfect way to mix up the monotony of Amherst than to head out to see some buddies at other schools or some sights around the Valley? Worried about what tunes you’ll listen to? Here’s a list of just a great jams that will have you singing along with the windows open:

1. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
This classic is a song that no matter who you’re with, they will be guaranteed to know all the words to (and if they don’t, they have been living under a rock). Arguably one of the band’s biggest hits, this jam is fast paced and heart-felt, making it a perfect song to turn all the way up to drown out the potentially horrendous rendition by your friends.

2. “Highway to Hell” – AC/DC
Where are you headed? AC/DC thinks it’s Hell, but the way they make it sound, it doesn’t seem so bad. A classic hair band tune filled with pretty band vocals, screechy guitar solos and a quick drum beat, this song is a must for the car tunes.

3. “Shut Up and Drive” – Rihanna
For those of us who are more into today’s pop music, Rihanna’s hit will have time flying as you’re cruising. A song that tells about a strong female driver, (and like every other Rihanna song, alludes to a man being in the passenger seat) this upbeat jam will have you singing along in no time.

4. “Baba O’Reilly” – The Who
This is a song that I hold especially near and dear to my heart, as it was my graduation song. Though most of us aren’t teenagers anymore, it is safe to say that generally ‘we’re all wasted.’ The synthy beats and catchy lyrics beg you to jam along and yell the chorus. Released in 1971, it is still an amazing car ride song 40 years later.

5. “Free Fallin’” – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The list continues with another rock classic dedicated to a girl who loves her momma, Jesus, horses and her boyfriend. With Petty’s soft yet powerful voice and the band’s simple, yet also intense, rhythms make “Free Fallin’” the perfect song to roll down the windows and just cruise along to.

One Response to “Best songs to roadtrip to”
  1. 手機套 says:

I adore meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info!