UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

Best songs to roadtrip to

traffic mct

(MCT)

As the weather gets warmer and we are getting antsy on the UMass campus, what perfect way to mix up the monotony of Amherst than to head out to see some buddies at other schools or some sights around the Valley? Worried about what tunes you’ll listen to? Here’s a list of just a great jams that will have you singing along with the windows open:

1. “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
This classic is a song that no matter who you’re with, they will be guaranteed to know all the words to (and if they don’t, they have been living under a rock). Arguably one of the band’s biggest hits, this jam is fast paced and heart-felt, making it a perfect song to turn all the way up to drown out the potentially horrendous rendition by your friends.

2. “Highway to Hell” – AC/DC
Where are you headed? AC/DC thinks it’s Hell, but the way they make it sound, it doesn’t seem so bad. A classic hair band tune filled with pretty band vocals, screechy guitar solos and a quick drum beat, this song is a must for the car tunes.

3. “Shut Up and Drive” – Rihanna
For those of us who are more into today’s pop music, Rihanna’s hit will have time flying as you’re cruising. A song that tells about a strong female driver, (and like every other Rihanna song, alludes to a man being in the passenger seat) this upbeat jam will have you singing along in no time.

4. “Baba O’Reilly” – The Who
This is a song that I hold especially near and dear to my heart, as it was my graduation song. Though most of us aren’t teenagers anymore, it is safe to say that generally ‘we’re all wasted.’ The synthy beats and catchy lyrics beg you to jam along and yell the chorus. Released in 1971, it is still an amazing car ride song 40 years later.

5. “Free Fallin’” – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The list continues with another rock classic dedicated to a girl who loves her momma, Jesus, horses and her boyfriend. With Petty’s soft yet powerful voice and the band’s simple, yet also intense, rhythms make “Free Fallin’” the perfect song to roll down the windows and just cruise along to.

One Response to “Best songs to roadtrip to”
  1. 手機套 says:

I adore meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info!