Ray Pigozzi shines in first game back for the UMass hockey team since November 4 -

UMass starts hot, finishes strong in upset win over No. 12 Notre Dame -

SGA vice president will resign at the end of the semester -

Raise the Flag protestors praise -

Dining and Housekeeping employees at Smith College seek new contract -

In response to election, immigration lawyer briefs students on potential changes -

Avinoam Patt discusses the role of displaced Jews in the creation of Israel -

UMass women’s basketball falls to Hartford, snaps three-game winning streak -

Brison Gresham makes long awaited debut for UMass men’s basketball -

UMass hockey hosts No. 12 Notre Dame in Hockey East doubleheader -

UMass men’s basketball picks up fourth straight win as it tops Wagner Wednesday night at Mullins Center -

UMass hockey gets chance to bond during trip to Belfast -

The true backbone of America -

Letter: Craig’s Place to fight against fatal budget cuts -

Enduring the 2016 Tower Run at Du Bois Library -

C.J. Anderson, Malik Hines each have career nights in UMass men’s basketball’s win over Wagner -

Panelists talk about their experiences with incarceration in the Feinberg Lecture Series -

Suzanne Fenton discusses the effects of early life chemical exposure -

Christmas tree farmers discuss effects of New England drought on their harvest -

UMass men’s basketball’s frontcourt looks to build on solid start to season -

Five movies to watch on a snow day

1. The Towering Inferno

What better way to forget the arctic conditions outside than with this classic disaster movie? When a raging inferno engulfs a San Francisco sky scraper, only the super cool duo of Chief Mike O’Hallorhan (Steve McQueen) and Doug Roberts (Paul Newman) can fan the flames and save the day. Look out for a cameo from dancing aficionado, Fred Astaire.

2. Some Like it Hot

Musicians Joe (Tony Curtis) and Jerry (Jack Lemmon) experience some metaphorical heat as they run from the mob. In order to keep a low profile, the duo masquerade as women. This cross-dressing comedy classic, co-starring Marilyn Monroe as Sugar, is enough to get anyone hot under the collar.

3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

When Neal Page’s (Steve Martin) flight home for Thanksgiving is cancelled due to a blizzard, his only option is to buddy up with incompetent, nice but dim Del Griffith (John Candy) to get to Chicago by any means possible. Unfortunately for them, everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Anyone who has had their plans thrown into turmoil by adverse weather can wholeheartedly sympathize with Martin’s plight.

Facebook

4. The Shining

Is there anything worse than being snowed in, trapped with no way out? Troubled writer Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) clearly doesn’t think so as he experiences a particularly troubling bout of cabin fever while attempting to finish his novel over winter. Landmark horror by Stanley Kubrick, based on the Stephen King novel, “The Shining” is a master class in suspense and tension. Torrance’s descent into madness is guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine.

5. The Great Escape

There is no better film to settle down to watch during the long winter months than “The Great Escape.” Set in the middle of World War Two, the film follows a group of Allied prisoners as they attempt to escape their German captors. With an exceptional cast made up of screen icons like Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence and led by ‘King of Cool’ Steve McQueen you can’t really go wrong. It’s an absolute treat from start to finish.