The Collegian live tweets Boston Calling -

UMass baseball finishes season with sweep over George Mason -

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in NCAA quarterfinal -

‘Green Room’ is a bloody blast of survival horror -

DaLuz: Boston Celtics stuck trudging in the mud -

Despite tallying double-digit hits, UMass baseball falls to Fairfield Tuesday afternoon -

Radiohead returns to the top with gorgeous, illuminating ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ -

UMass women’s lacrosse advances to quarterfinal of NCAA tournament -

UMass baseball outlasts Rhode Island in series finale behind strong pitching of Brandon Walsh -

Eileen McDonald’s overtime goal advances UMass women’s lacrosse in NCAA tournament -

12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip -

UMass baseball falls in first-ever Division I matchup with UMass Lowell 7-3 -

UMass baseball gets shut out in nonconference matchup with UConn -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Richmond, wins eighth straight Atlantic 10 championship -

UMass baseball salvages last game of weekend series with Richmond behind strong eighth inning -

UMass women’s lacrosse beats St. Joe’s, advance to Atlantic 10 championship game -

Lack of offense plagues UMass baseball in game two of doubleheader with Fordham -

UMass women’s lacrosse tops Davidson 12-5 on Senior Day -

Two arrested after report of aggravated robbery in Washington Hall last night -

Former UMass wide receiver Tajae Sharpe selected in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft -

Five movies to watch on a snow day

1. The Towering Inferno

What better way to forget the arctic conditions outside than with this classic disaster movie? When a raging inferno engulfs a San Francisco sky scraper, only the super cool duo of Chief Mike O’Hallorhan (Steve McQueen) and Doug Roberts (Paul Newman) can fan the flames and save the day. Look out for a cameo from dancing aficionado, Fred Astaire.

2. Some Like it Hot

Musicians Joe (Tony Curtis) and Jerry (Jack Lemmon) experience some metaphorical heat as they run from the mob. In order to keep a low profile, the duo masquerade as women. This cross-dressing comedy classic, co-starring Marilyn Monroe as Sugar, is enough to get anyone hot under the collar.

3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

When Neal Page’s (Steve Martin) flight home for Thanksgiving is cancelled due to a blizzard, his only option is to buddy up with incompetent, nice but dim Del Griffith (John Candy) to get to Chicago by any means possible. Unfortunately for them, everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Anyone who has had their plans thrown into turmoil by adverse weather can wholeheartedly sympathize with Martin’s plight.

Facebook

4. The Shining

Is there anything worse than being snowed in, trapped with no way out? Troubled writer Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) clearly doesn’t think so as he experiences a particularly troubling bout of cabin fever while attempting to finish his novel over winter. Landmark horror by Stanley Kubrick, based on the Stephen King novel, “The Shining” is a master class in suspense and tension. Torrance’s descent into madness is guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine.

5. The Great Escape

There is no better film to settle down to watch during the long winter months than “The Great Escape.” Set in the middle of World War Two, the film follows a group of Allied prisoners as they attempt to escape their German captors. With an exceptional cast made up of screen icons like Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson, Donald Pleasence and led by ‘King of Cool’ Steve McQueen you can’t really go wrong. It’s an absolute treat from start to finish.