FIGURE in some fun for the holiday weekend

Facebook

The University’s growing flanks of dubstep fans can be treated to a performance by a rising figurehead within the genre on Saturday at 9 p.m. at the Pearl Street Night Club in Northhampton.

Josh Gard, otherwise known as FIGURE, is an enterprising disc jockey of the dubstep and drumstep genre. His take on the popular music style is unique, particularly due to his incorporation of percussion, which epitomizes the adventurous nature of his beats.

FIGURE began his career as a small town producer in the Midwest. He’s recently been gaining a reputation in the realm of electro-house and dance music, and his original tracks and creative remixes have become a worldwide phenomena.

Not only are his tracks creatively spun, but FIGURE has a very singular style which aligns with his personal passions and interests. As a DJ who is fascinated by both horror films and monster myths, FIGURE aims to cleverly incorporate these elements into his songs in ways that lend a haunted and exciting vibe to his work. This is especially evidenced by some of his more popular songs such as “Frankenstein” and “Vampires.”

Despite FIGURE’s recent rise to popularity, which has been fortified and heavily promoted by an endless list of music lords such as Skrillex, Borgore, The Bloody Beetroots, A-track and many more, his fan outreach is strikingly distinctive. FIGURE commonly expresses an unparalleled generosity towards his fan base, freely sending out his latest productions to fans as well as having reserved guest lists for fans in need.

This Saturday night in Northampton is the last stop on his global “Adventures in Time and Space” tour which started on Jan. 11 in Paris, France and stretched across western Europe and Canada before finally landing in North America. His show promises to be an enjoyable experience as he aims to take his audience through a “theme park of sound,” really focusing on the adventure attribute of his tour’s title.           

But FIGURE will not be performing alone. At his Northampton show he will be joined by fellow musical artists Mosaiq and Arclite. Mosaiq has recently been the subject of rave reviews describing the psychedelic and borderline overwhelming ambiances his tracks create. In the past, he has opened for the well-known artist Dillon Francis and is highly regarded for his lively performances of songs such as “The Accident,” which really succeeds in getting the crowd excited.

Arclite’s varied styles are equally compelling, as brothers Jake and Gabe Spector introduce their work. Arclite’s music is eclectic in that it ranges from French house to hard trance music and is also intriguing because of the dynamic musical team that these innovative siblings create. Arclite has opened for popular dubstep acts such as Bassnectar, and its shows are known for their variety of unique electronic compilations. The brothers of Arclite have been known to put on five-hour shows without repeating a single song, which speaks volumes about their creativity.

Tickets are available for $17.50 in advance or $20 at the door. This show promises to be dynamite, so grab your best boogie shoes and come spend the night with some funky and fresh dubstep acts. Get ready to groove, Pearl Street. 

Danielle Allen can be reached at [email protected].