Slow weekend for Amherst Police

Shaina Mishkin/Collegian
Shaina Mishkin/Collegian

Friday, Oct. 25

3:01 p.m. A check was reported stolen from a car parked by 298 Belchertown Rd.

Saturday, Oct. 26

1:07 a.m. Paris J. Amado, 23, was arrested on charges of speeding and failing to stop for police. He was discovered driving between 60 and 70 mph from the intersection of Triangle Street and East Pleasant Street to 820 Main Street.

2:13 a.m. A taxi was stopped by Judies Restaurant on 51 North Pleasant St for speeding and an overload of passengers. The operator lacked a taxi permit and log, and the vehicle violated safety and equipment regulations. The driver received a summons and was charged with operating an unlicensed taxi. The owner of the taxi company received two citations for six separate safety violations.

9:06 p.m. A resident at 34 Hobart Ln. reported a break-in and a missing phone and purse. The method of entry remains unknown.

11:07 p.m. Caller at 328 Lincoln Ave. reported a stolen backpack, wallet and cell phone that went missing at a party.

11:58 p.m. Miguel T. Ellis, 20, of Norton, was found driving on the wrong side of the road at 205 Triangle St. He was arrested on charges of operating under the influence, a marked lanes violation and operating to endanger.

Sunday Oct. 27

1:13 a.m. David Jacob Kahn, 20, of Brookline, was arrested on charges of operating under the influence, operation to endanger and negligence turning after turning right on red in the left lane at 318 College Street. Three minors who were also in the car each received a summons on charges of underage possession of alcohol.

Liquor law violation arrests: 3
Liquor law summons: 11
Noise complaints: 15
Vehicle stops: 29
Vehicle crashes: 10

Mary Reines can be reached at [email protected].