Active Minds strives to start conversation about mental health, end stigma -

Native American Student Association plans for powwow after travelling to Native Nations Rise March in Washington D.C. -

Black Student Union aims to be a strong voice for the African-American community on UMass’ campus -

UMass Students for Reproductive Justice continue fighting for student rights -

UMass notebook: Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry reportedly interviewed for a second time Monday for men’s basketball head coaching vacancy -

UMass softball anxiously awaits start of conference play with doubleheader against BU looming Thursday. -

UMass baseball gets its long-awaited homecoming Tuesday against Northeastern -

Have you popped your bubble? -

The atrophy of activism: a message for student protesters -

Emmi Beuger’s day off – Interview with Kate Leddy -

Josh Odam spreads succinct messages through Free Negro University clothing line -

Fourteen random ‘treat yourself’ items for $25 and under -

Student Activism Special Issue Preview Video -

Anthropology professor holds lecture on violence and policymaking -

Student Activism Special Issue 2017 -

Congressmen McGovern and Ellison discuss progressive politics under Trump administration on Saturday -

SGA President Anthony Vitale and Vice President Lily Wallace promise to improve assistance to student activists next year -

Editor’s note: UMass works because they do -

The UMass club that is un-beelievable -

Interview with Ghazah Abbasi, Sanctuary Campus Movement organizer -

Both men’s and women’s swimming and diving top Binghamton.

Maria Uminski/Collegian

After having mixed results in the season opener, the Massachusetts men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams both came out victorious over Binghamton over the weekend.

The men topped the Bearcats 191-126 while the women cruised to a 196.5-122.5 triumph.

Michael Glenn gave an impressive performance for the men’s team. Specializing in the breaststroke and individual medley races, the sophomore captured the first spot in all three of his events and accumulated 27 points for the Minutemen.

Glenn finished with a time of 58.05 seconds in the 100-yard breaststroke and 2:06.20 in the 200. His outing in the individual medley was just as successful with a finish time of 4:12.12.

Freshmen Alessandro Bomprezzi claimed his first two collegiate wins for UMass.

He won the 1000-yard freestyle with a time of 9:51, and clocked in at 4:44.44 in the 500 for another victory.

Junior Chris Inglis finished right behind Bomprezzi in the two events.

However, he was not the only freshman to achieve a first in the meet. On the diving boards, Josh Koppel also obtained his first collegiate win with a score of 302.22 in the three-meter dive.Alexander Merkulov finished in second, at 296.62 in the same event and claimed the top position in the one-meter dive at 292.87.

Looking on to the next meet with Brown, UMass coach Russ Yarworth told UMassAthletics.com, “We probably have our toughest schedule we ever faced.

“My goal was to get competition for the kids that was going to be very challenging for them through the first semester so that their racing skills are developed by the time we get to the championship. Our goal is to peak at Atlantic 10s.”

Minutewomen equally successful

Capturing three wins for UMass was freshmen Jocelyn Yuen in the 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard freestyle and the 200-yard butterfly.

With times of 59.01, 2:09.98 and 2:09.27, Yuen dominated her opponents and continued this ascending trend in two-team events.

Other members of the Minutewomen had more than one win as well. Katie Arnott, a sophomore from Suffern, N.Y., placed first in the 400-yard individual medley at 4:39.62 and the 200-yard breaststroke at 2:25.34. She took second place in the 100-yard breaststroke, finishing two minutes, 59 seconds behind Binghamton’s Corrine Zotter.

Another sophomore, Zoe Judd, won both the 100 and 200-yard freestyle races, at 53.39 and 1:54.44, respectively.

UMass  also  swept the Bearcats on the diving boards, with senior Michaela Butler claiming first in two events. She earned a score of 238.20 in the one-meter and 300.45 in the three-meter, a personal best.

Senior Molly Elkins finished in second at 230.48 and Rachael Dushman in third at 228.45.

Up next for both teams is a trip to Brown for a meet Saturday at 1 p.m.

Kaitlin Boyer can be reached at krboyer@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter at @MDC_Boyer.