Route 9 Diner closes as attorney general files discrimination complaint -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

UMass tight end Jean Sifrin performs in front of NFL scouts at Pro Day -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sisters on the Runway successfully hosts benefit fashion show for Safe Passage -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

‘Hurry sickness’ is actually wasting our time -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Angela Davis condemns the prison industrial complex in campus talk -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

UMass softball’s home opener postponed due to unplayable field conditions -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Kickin’ Back Dance Crew looks to emerge as its own dance club -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Doing good while looking good: Fashion show raises domestic violence awareness -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ryan Moloney pitching with confidence for UMass baseball -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Police Log: Friday, March 27 to Sunday, March 29, 2015 -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The real importance of water for our health -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

UMass Pro Day offers players a chance to be noticed -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SGA election results ratified Monday night -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How to recognize the signs of domestic violence -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

UMass tennis keeps on rolling, downs Albany 5-2 -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Keep your corporate hands off my Internet -

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thoughts on Zayn Malik -

Monday, March 30, 2015

Jury finds Emmanuel Bile Jr. guilty of two counts of aggravated rape in UMass gang rape trial -

Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hird appointed dean of College of Social and Behavioral Sciences -

Monday, March 30, 2015

UMass basketball center Cady Lalanne reinstated after serving suspension

After serving a nearly two-week suspension, Massachusetts men’s basketball center Cady Lalanne was reinstated to the team on Friday by UMass athletic director John McCutcheon.

Lalanne, who was arrested for his role in an altercation with police officers at an on-campus function on the night of Dec. 1, was back at practice on Friday as he awaits the results of a conduct case with dean of students. He will immediately be available for the Minutemen’s game against Elon on Saturday afternoon at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

“I’m very grateful to rejoin the team and look forward to using this experience as a positive influence on campus and in the community,” Lalanne told reporters at the team’s shootaround on Friday at the MassMutual Center.

While Lalanne will be back in uniform Saturday, UMass coach Derek Kellogg said he’ll stick with senior Sampson Carter as the starting center against the Phoenix. Lalanne previously started each of the six games he appeared in, averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game.

“I’m just excited to have him back with the team, and we put the statement out saying kind of what we’re going to talk about as far as that goes,” Kellogg said. “It’s good for him, I think it’s good for our team. I think he’s excited about being back and I think he’s learned a valuable lesson here.”

Despite missing a game and team practices due to suspension, Lalanne has stayed in shape thanks to individual workouts with team strength coach Richard Hogans.

“I feel like I’m in better shape with my legs because I’ve been working out with big Rich the whole time that I’ve missed,” Lalanne said. “I feel like my legs are underneath me now.”

Neither Lalanne nor Kellogg commented on Lalanne’s specific allegations surrounding the case because of legal issues. Lalanne is due back in court on Jan. 9 for a pre-trial hearing.

“Like with any kid, just by talking and being around him, he’s very remorseful and just wants to do the right thing,” Kellogg said. “I think he’s ready to move on, be a model citizen, a model player and a great student and I think he’s done a lot of those things.”

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @steve_hewitt.