Former Canisius guard Zach Lewis to transfer to UMass -

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Letter: Deflate-Gate, where’s the air? -

Monday, May 18, 2015

Derrick Gordon announces he will transfer to Seton Hall -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass baseball closes season out with series victory over George Mason -

Sunday, May 17, 2015

UMass to allow four student businesses to accept Dining Dollars next year -

Saturday, May 16, 2015

UMass baseball stymied by John Williams in loss to George Mason -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Jury sentences Tsarnaev to death -

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop ignoring your white privilege -

Thursday, May 14, 2015

UMass basketball scheduled for showdown with Ole Miss in 2015 Holiday Showcase game -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Letter: Wall is a regression towards racial inequality -

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

UMass falls to Fairfield in extra innings in final home game -

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

UMass basketball recruit Marcquise Reed chooses Clemson -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass baseball drops Senior Day rubber match against URI -

Monday, May 11, 2015

Letter: Shocked at radio host’s ban from WMUA -

Monday, May 11, 2015

UMass women’s lacrosse falls in second round of NCAA tournament against top-seeded Maryland -

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘It’s okay not to know’ -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Defense, Eipp’s five goals lead UMass women’s lacrosse past Jacksonville in NCAA tournament -

Friday, May 8, 2015

Quianna Diaz-Patterson closes book on historic senior season, successful career for UMass softball -

Friday, May 8, 2015

UMass men’s lacrosse overcomes early struggles to make 2015 playoff run -

Thursday, May 7, 2015

UMass softball fails to reach expectations in up-and-down 2015 season -

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

UMass basketball center Cady Lalanne reinstated after serving suspension

After serving a nearly two-week suspension, Massachusetts men’s basketball center Cady Lalanne was reinstated to the team on Friday by UMass athletic director John McCutcheon.

Lalanne, who was arrested for his role in an altercation with police officers at an on-campus function on the night of Dec. 1, was back at practice on Friday as he awaits the results of a conduct case with dean of students. He will immediately be available for the Minutemen’s game against Elon on Saturday afternoon at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

“I’m very grateful to rejoin the team and look forward to using this experience as a positive influence on campus and in the community,” Lalanne told reporters at the team’s shootaround on Friday at the MassMutual Center.

While Lalanne will be back in uniform Saturday, UMass coach Derek Kellogg said he’ll stick with senior Sampson Carter as the starting center against the Phoenix. Lalanne previously started each of the six games he appeared in, averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game.

“I’m just excited to have him back with the team, and we put the statement out saying kind of what we’re going to talk about as far as that goes,” Kellogg said. “It’s good for him, I think it’s good for our team. I think he’s excited about being back and I think he’s learned a valuable lesson here.”

Despite missing a game and team practices due to suspension, Lalanne has stayed in shape thanks to individual workouts with team strength coach Richard Hogans.

“I feel like I’m in better shape with my legs because I’ve been working out with big Rich the whole time that I’ve missed,” Lalanne said. “I feel like my legs are underneath me now.”

Neither Lalanne nor Kellogg commented on Lalanne’s specific allegations surrounding the case because of legal issues. Lalanne is due back in court on Jan. 9 for a pre-trial hearing.

“Like with any kid, just by talking and being around him, he’s very remorseful and just wants to do the right thing,” Kellogg said. “I think he’s ready to move on, be a model citizen, a model player and a great student and I think he’s done a lot of those things.”

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @steve_hewitt.

You must be logged in to post a comment.