UMass students show lackluster attitude toward ‘Mullins Live!’ concert -

UMass women’s basketball loses in first round of Atlantic 10 Tournament -

Ryan Adams perfects his melancholy, widescreen take on 80s heartland rock on ‘Prisoner’ -

Exposing the horrific crime of modern-day slavery -

UMass men’s basketball successfully drops La Salle 84-71 in confidence-building win -

UMass men’s lacrosse’s late rally falls short against Harvard -

UMass women’s lacrosse struggles to find offense in loss to No. 5 Syracuse -

With Perez, Democrats remain in limbo -

UMass hockey competes hard, falls to No. 10 Providence College in overtime -

Overtime goal hands UMass hockey its 15th straight loss in regular season finale -

Former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous gives talk at UMass -

Anti-racism workshop teaches tactics to fight oppression in community -

Providence power play haunts UMass hockey in 6-2 loss -

UMass hockey falls to No. 10 Providence on Senior Night at the Mullins center -

UMass men’s basketball falters in the second half, falling to George Washington 83-67 Thursday -

UPDATE: SGA announces second and third artist for ‘Mullins Live!’ -

Divest UMass and STPEC host panel on building ‘solidarity economies’ in the Trump era -

UMass women’s basketball losing streak extends to 10 games after loss to URI -

Sixth annual Advocacy Day set to take place March 1 -

Panel discusses racial, sexual and psychological violence in response to art exhibit -

UMass basketball center Cady Lalanne reinstated after serving suspension

After serving a nearly two-week suspension, Massachusetts men’s basketball center Cady Lalanne was reinstated to the team on Friday by UMass athletic director John McCutcheon.

Lalanne, who was arrested for his role in an altercation with police officers at an on-campus function on the night of Dec. 1, was back at practice on Friday as he awaits the results of a conduct case with dean of students. He will immediately be available for the Minutemen’s game against Elon on Saturday afternoon at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

“I’m very grateful to rejoin the team and look forward to using this experience as a positive influence on campus and in the community,” Lalanne told reporters at the team’s shootaround on Friday at the MassMutual Center.

While Lalanne will be back in uniform Saturday, UMass coach Derek Kellogg said he’ll stick with senior Sampson Carter as the starting center against the Phoenix. Lalanne previously started each of the six games he appeared in, averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game.

“I’m just excited to have him back with the team, and we put the statement out saying kind of what we’re going to talk about as far as that goes,” Kellogg said. “It’s good for him, I think it’s good for our team. I think he’s excited about being back and I think he’s learned a valuable lesson here.”

Despite missing a game and team practices due to suspension, Lalanne has stayed in shape thanks to individual workouts with team strength coach Richard Hogans.

“I feel like I’m in better shape with my legs because I’ve been working out with big Rich the whole time that I’ve missed,” Lalanne said. “I feel like my legs are underneath me now.”

Neither Lalanne nor Kellogg commented on Lalanne’s specific allegations surrounding the case because of legal issues. Lalanne is due back in court on Jan. 9 for a pre-trial hearing.

“Like with any kid, just by talking and being around him, he’s very remorseful and just wants to do the right thing,” Kellogg said. “I think he’s ready to move on, be a model citizen, a model player and a great student and I think he’s done a lot of those things.”

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @steve_hewitt.