2017 Hockey Special Issue -

International Relations Club tackles tough issues at ‘Foreign Policy Coffee Hour’ -

Sexual assault spikes on campus -

Californian students react to wildfires back home -

‘My Little Pony: The Movie’ is a surprising animated treat, whether you’re a fan of the show or not -

With a young team, Carvel is preparing the UMass hockey team to thrive -

Letter: UMass hockey is great, but where are the students? -

Boino’s blast gives UMass men’s soccer sole possession of first place in the Atlantic 10 -

UMass freshmen look to play physical, make an impact and improve early on -

UMass hockey sets out to create new program, identity in 2017-18 -

Cale Makar: UMass hockey’s crown jewel -

Ames: If first four games are any indicator, this UMass hockey season could differ for the better -

Josh Couturier looks to find where he fits within UMass lineup -

The straw man fallacy: missing the point on Indigenous Peoples Day -

Power to the Thin Mint: improve the Girls Scouts program -

‘Blade Runner 2049’ has a lot of ideas that it fails to develop -

Early season challenge awaits for UMass hockey in weekend set with Ohio State -

UMass Professor Barbara Krauthamer receives award from Association of Black Women Historians -

The 2017-18 women’s soccer team differs from others Matz has coached at UMass -

Hockey East Notebook: OT Goal caps BC comeback over Providence -

UMass basketball center Cady Lalanne reinstated after serving suspension

After serving a nearly two-week suspension, Massachusetts men’s basketball center Cady Lalanne was reinstated to the team on Friday by UMass athletic director John McCutcheon.

Lalanne, who was arrested for his role in an altercation with police officers at an on-campus function on the night of Dec. 1, was back at practice on Friday as he awaits the results of a conduct case with dean of students. He will immediately be available for the Minutemen’s game against Elon on Saturday afternoon at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

“I’m very grateful to rejoin the team and look forward to using this experience as a positive influence on campus and in the community,” Lalanne told reporters at the team’s shootaround on Friday at the MassMutual Center.

While Lalanne will be back in uniform Saturday, UMass coach Derek Kellogg said he’ll stick with senior Sampson Carter as the starting center against the Phoenix. Lalanne previously started each of the six games he appeared in, averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game.

“I’m just excited to have him back with the team, and we put the statement out saying kind of what we’re going to talk about as far as that goes,” Kellogg said. “It’s good for him, I think it’s good for our team. I think he’s excited about being back and I think he’s learned a valuable lesson here.”

Despite missing a game and team practices due to suspension, Lalanne has stayed in shape thanks to individual workouts with team strength coach Richard Hogans.

“I feel like I’m in better shape with my legs because I’ve been working out with big Rich the whole time that I’ve missed,” Lalanne said. “I feel like my legs are underneath me now.”

Neither Lalanne nor Kellogg commented on Lalanne’s specific allegations surrounding the case because of legal issues. Lalanne is due back in court on Jan. 9 for a pre-trial hearing.

“Like with any kid, just by talking and being around him, he’s very remorseful and just wants to do the right thing,” Kellogg said. “I think he’s ready to move on, be a model citizen, a model player and a great student and I think he’s done a lot of those things.”

Stephen Hewitt can be reached at shewitt@student.umass.edu and followed on Twitter @steve_hewitt.