12 UMass students face possible arrests in connection to an alleged bad LSD trip

(Collegian file photo)
(Collegian file photo)

Twelve University of Massachusetts students could be arrested on drug and alcohol charges in connection to an 18-year-old woman’s alleged LSD use in a Bethlehem, New Hampshire cabin, according to the Caledonian Record.

The Record reports that on Tuesday, Bethlehem Police responded to reports of an 18-year-old woman who was “thrashing and out of control” after allegedly taking LSD at the UMass Outing Club cabin, located in Bethlehem.

Officer Andrew Hennessey said that different forms of marijuana were found in the cabin, and that students in the cabin admitted to taking LSD, although none was found. The students could face misdemeanor drug and alcohol charges, which are currently pending.

Daniel Fitzgibbons, an associate director of the UMass News and Media Relations Department, said the University is aware of the incident.

“We have been in touch with the police up there,” Fitzgibbons said. “At this point we’re waiting for the police to move forward with their case.”

The UMass Outing Club’s website describes the Bethlehem cabin as a “rough construction” with two levels and enough space to hold 30 people at a time.

Stuart Foster can be reached at [email protected] or followed on Twitter @Stuart_C_Foster.