Lil Baby and Eric Bellinger to replace Lil Uzi Vert at Spring Concert 2019

Concert will still be held on April 28
(Courtesy of Lil Baby’s official Facebook page)

Artists Lil Baby and Eric Bellinger are set to perform at the University of Massachusetts’ annual Spring Concert on April 28 alongside Loud Luxury, the University Programming Council announced Wednesday.

The two artists are replacing rapper Lil Uzi Vert, who was initially scheduled to perform with Loud Luxury. The act had to be canceled due to “the artist’s management failing to produce a signed contract with UMass,” according to an April 5 Facebook post from UPC.

The post also notes that Lil Uzi Vert had canceled a previous Live Nation concert and had “failed to produce a signed contract with other New England-based colleges and universities for their concerts.”

“The lack of a signed contract this late in the process puts the concert in jeopardy of experiencing a last-minute cancellation by the artist,” the post read.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. after being delayed until a replacement for Lil Uzi Vert was confirmed. Tickets are $15 for UMass and Mount Ida College undergraduates, $30 for five-college students and $50 for the general public. Tickets can be purchased at the Mullins Box Office and on the Mullins Center website.

Lil Baby is a rapper who is well known for his song “Drip Too Hard,” featuring rapper Gunna, which has over 360 million streams on Spotify. Bellinger is an R&B artist, with his song “G.O.A.T.” featuring Aroc being his most streamed on Spotify with just under 60 million streams.

In a tweet announcing the replacement, UPC said, “Thank you all so much for your patience and support through this hectic time; we cannot wait for this new lineup!”

Will Mallas can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @willmallas.