This week at UMass: Monday, Feb. 24 to Sunday, March 1

Early voting, therapy dogs and more
(Collegian file photo)

The following are five highlights of what’s happening on the University of Massachusetts campus and surrounding community from Monday, Feb. 24 to Sunday, March 1.

Massachusetts Presidential Primary Early Voting

From Tuesday, Feb. 25 to Thursday, Feb. 27, students who are already registered to vote in the Town of Amherst can vote early on campus in the Massachusetts Presidential Primary. The station will be set up in Bartlett Hall in Room 316A from 4 to 7:30 p.m.

Paws Therapy Dogs

The UMass Peer Health Educators are bringing back therapy dogs! From 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Bright Spot therapy dogs will be in the Campus Center Auditorium and W.E.B. Du Bois Library lobby to relieve midterms stress.

Three Minute Thesis Competition – Campus Final

The UMass Graduate School will be hosting its fourth annual Three Minute Thesis Competition on Friday, Feb. 28 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Old Chapel. The 10 graduate students who have advanced from the preliminary rounds will discuss their research in an accessible manner, all in three minutes or less. The audience will vote on the students, with the winner receiving $1,000 and the runner-up and People’s Choice winner each receiving $500.

Cultural Nights

From 4 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 29, the Taiwanese and Chinese Students’ Association is hosting its 13th Cultural Night Market at the Fine Arts Center. The event will be presented in a carnival atmosphere with Asian food, music, performances and activities tabled by student groups. At the end, there will also be a raffle for grand prizes.

Also on Saturday, the UMass Korean Students Association is hosting its biggest event of the year in the Campus Center Auditorium form 6 to 9 p.m. Performances from students and organizations in the Five College area will be accompanied by Korean food catered from Cana Korean Restaurant to create the vibe of nighttime in the streets of Seoul. Tickets are $10 at the door.

10th Annual Sisters on the Runway Benefit Fashion Show

Sisters on the Runway are hosting its 10th annual fashion show on Sunday, March 1 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Auditorium. There will also be performances, raffle-off items and mocktails for the audience. All proceeds go to the domestic violence shelter in Northampton, Safe Passage.

Abigail Charpentier can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @abigailcharp.