This week at UMass: Monday, Feb. 3 to Sunday, Feb. 9

A LGBTQ trivia night, an internship fair and Hack(H)er413

The following are five highlights of what’s happening on the University of Massachusetts campus and surrounding community from Monday, Feb. 3 to Sunday, Feb. 9.

LGBTQ Trivia Night

The UMass Amherst Stonewall Center and Malcolm X Cultural Center are hosting a trivia night from 6:30 – 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 5 in the Malcolm X Cultural Center. Attendees can make a team, join a team or play solo to win prizes and bragging rights. In honor of Black History Month, bonus questions will highlight trivia celebrating Black LGBTQ history, pop culture and influence.

Arts and Humanities Internship Fair

Non-profit arts and cultural organizations, museums, performing arts organizations, galleries, publishers, social justice organizations, creative businesses and independent artists will be looking to recruit students at the Arts and Humanities Internship Fair. Students can find opportunities in the Fine Arts Center Atrium from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 6. The fair is presented by the UMass Amherst Arts Extension Service, the College of Humanities and Fine Arts and BDIC.

Open Mic at Freedom Café

People can share their talent and learn about human trafficking in the U.S. at the Freedom Café’s open mic night on Thursday, Feb. 6 from 6 – 8 p.m. The educational team at the Café, located right off of campus at 434 N Pleasant St., will share about the issue and it’s impacts. Signups for performances can be found at freedomcafe.org/openmic.

Hack(H)er413 2020

Women (cis and trans) and non-binary students in western Massachusetts can learn and develop new technical skills, network with sponsor company representatives and innovate with passion at the annual Hack(H)er413 hackathon. The second annual event will take place all around the Integrative Learning Center from 8 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 9. The full schedule of the event can be found at hackher413.com.

A Celebration of Black History: The Vote

The Town of Amherst is hosting an afternoon celebrating Black History Month at the Bangs Community Center at 70 Boltwood Walk. Attendees can register to vote as well as enjoy entertainment and community activities. Mission Cantina and the Harp are donating food to the event.

Abigail Charpentier can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @abigailcharp.