UMass men’s basketball shows improvement in 3-point shooting. -

UMass men’s basketball cruises to a victory over Pacific behind a strong second half -

UMass Divest and proponents of sanctuary campus will not be allowed to speak at Board of Trustees meeting -

Former political prisoner to speak on human rights and prison experience -

UMass men’s basketball using late-game situations as learning opportunities for remainder of season -

UMass men’s basketball kicks off Gotham Classic at home against Pacific -

UMass hockey looks to continue recent improvements against Connecticut -

UMass hockey team confident in game plan despite UConn’s constant change in net -

UMass women’s basketball falls apart in the fourth quarter in 71-55 loss to Hofstra -

It’s been a long year -

A return to the collapse of 2008 -

Mindfulness in, and in spite of, a technological age -

Beer, bets and pool: a High Horse unofficial review -

Don’t let winter stop you from running outside -

BREAKING: Train allegedly strikes pedestrian in Amherst -

Campus Climate survey shows strong response -

Jennifer Carlson gives talk on race and gun law enforcement -

Labor Center to receive increased funding from University -

Verdi enforces playing a full 40 minutes as UMass takes on Hofstra -

Mulligan looks to continue seven game double-double streak at Hofstra -

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation- Product Review

As a “girly girl” with an interest in makeup, it’s surprising that I don’t usually wear foundation unless I need a little extra coverage or if I’m going out in the evening. However, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation  and see what all the hype was about. I now understand why people were raving about the quality of it, and it will now be a staple product in my makeup bag.

There are many positive things to be said about this foundation. First of all, the foundation is affordably priced for a drugstore foundation, costing just $15. Compared to many high-end designer foundations, which can cost $30 and above, this is a bargain for any student or anyone looking for a cheaper, quality option.

The packaging on this product is great as well. It comes with a bright orange lid and easy-to-use pump, and fits perfectly in my makeup bag. Despite its small size, the glass bottle may not be ideal to travel with

Although the product description says that it provides a “medium to full coverage. ”  Personally, I would say the coverage leans towards medium, making it perfect for anyone who is not used to wearing foundation or who does not like the thick, caking effect of some high coverage foundations. The foundation claims to be “anti-fatiguing,” which is why I love it so much – it really awakens the skin and gives it a healthy boost, which is exactly what dry skin needs in the winter months. It achieves a vigorous and glowing look, giving your skin a hint of tan and shimmer as though you weren’t wearing any makeup at all.

Whilst summer seems impossible to imagine at the moment, this foundation would work well in both warmer weather and the current cold temperature, achieving a flawless, dewy look rather than making your skin oily. In addition, it protects your skin with an SPF-15 rating, allowing you to skip the step of applying sunscreen on those rushed summer mornings.

Although this foundation will be a necessity in many makeup bags, there are two downsides to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The product is only available in six shades, so it may be difficult to find a shade that perfectly matches your skin tone. Additionally, the product description says that it provides full coverage, which didn’t appear to be the case. If you are looking for a slightly thicker foundation then this liquid foundation may not be the product for you.

Overall, this foundation is easy to apply and wear and really adds some color to your skin, creating a smooth and healthy complexion. It is perfect for the dry winter months when you turn to makeup instead of the sun to achieve that glowing look. Although Rimmel London is a UK based company, you can currently purchase this product online until it hits American drugstores.

Elizabeth James-Crook can be reached at ejamescr@student.umass.edu.