John Ashcroft faces criticism during speech -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass football continues move in new direction in annual Spring Game -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Student rally in support of Gordon, LGBTQ community -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thousands gather in Amherst Commons for 23rd Annual Extravaganja -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sexual violence is not ‘normal’ -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One year after Boston Marathon bombings, UMass doctor Pierre Rouzier continues passion to help -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Photo Slideshow: UMass United Rally -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Get Yourself Tested at UMass -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Library labyrinth targets stress -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

There is nothing to debate about global warming -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass hits the road to take on LaSalle -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

No. 11 UMass women’s lacrosse looks to extend winning streak against Richmond -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive latest McCormack Executive-in-Residence -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Got a little Irish in you? -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass doctoral student awarded Soros Fellowship -

Thursday, April 17, 2014

UMass Dressage Team discusses the lesser-known sport -

Canelas: Things worth watching in Spring Game 2014 -

‘The Walking Dead’ finale resurrects a dull season -

Five places to study at UMass -

UMass tennis team battles injuries as season comes to an end -

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation- Product Review

As a “girly girl” with an interest in makeup, it’s surprising that I don’t usually wear foundation unless I need a little extra coverage or if I’m going out in the evening. However, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation  and see what all the hype was about. I now understand why people were raving about the quality of it, and it will now be a staple product in my makeup bag.

There are many positive things to be said about this foundation. First of all, the foundation is affordably priced for a drugstore foundation, costing just $15. Compared to many high-end designer foundations, which can cost $30 and above, this is a bargain for any student or anyone looking for a cheaper, quality option.

The packaging on this product is great as well. It comes with a bright orange lid and easy-to-use pump, and fits perfectly in my makeup bag. Despite its small size, the glass bottle may not be ideal to travel with

Although the product description says that it provides a “medium to full coverage. ”  Personally, I would say the coverage leans towards medium, making it perfect for anyone who is not used to wearing foundation or who does not like the thick, caking effect of some high coverage foundations. The foundation claims to be “anti-fatiguing,” which is why I love it so much – it really awakens the skin and gives it a healthy boost, which is exactly what dry skin needs in the winter months. It achieves a vigorous and glowing look, giving your skin a hint of tan and shimmer as though you weren’t wearing any makeup at all.

Whilst summer seems impossible to imagine at the moment, this foundation would work well in both warmer weather and the current cold temperature, achieving a flawless, dewy look rather than making your skin oily. In addition, it protects your skin with an SPF-15 rating, allowing you to skip the step of applying sunscreen on those rushed summer mornings.

Although this foundation will be a necessity in many makeup bags, there are two downsides to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The product is only available in six shades, so it may be difficult to find a shade that perfectly matches your skin tone. Additionally, the product description says that it provides full coverage, which didn’t appear to be the case. If you are looking for a slightly thicker foundation then this liquid foundation may not be the product for you.

Overall, this foundation is easy to apply and wear and really adds some color to your skin, creating a smooth and healthy complexion. It is perfect for the dry winter months when you turn to makeup instead of the sun to achieve that glowing look. Although Rimmel London is a UK based company, you can currently purchase this product online until it hits American drugstores.

Elizabeth James-Crook can be reached at ejamescr@student.umass.edu.