UMass receives anonymous $10.3 million gift -

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UMass Football summer coverage 2014 -

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Chiarelli: Sam Koch’s impact evident in those who knew him best -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Longtime UMass men’s soccer coach Sam Koch dies after two-year battle with sinus cancer -

Monday, July 21, 2014

Southwest evacuated after gas leak -

UMass Rowing finishes NCAA Championships, ends year ranked No. 21 in the nation -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Two UMass basketball alums to compete for a lofty prize in The Basketball Tournament -

Friday, May 23, 2014

Commencement Photos 2014 -

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Two arrested in relation to series of vandalism -

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Students push for relocation of the Center for Counseling and Psychological Health -

Monday, May 12, 2014

Video: No. 14 UMass WLAX ends season in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

No. 14 UMass women’s lacrosse season ends in loss to Loyola (MD) -

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sixth inning rally propels UMass past Dayton 7-2 -

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

McMahon, Ferris and McGovern: Not your usual transfer story -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Women’s lacrosse defeats Richmond 10-6 to win sixth straight A-10 Championship -

Sunday, May 4, 2014

No. 13 UMass women’s lacrosse knocks off Duquesne 16-3 to reach Atlantic 10 finals -

Friday, May 2, 2014

UMass one of 55 schools currently facing investigation over handling of sexual assault cases -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Two thefts reported at library -

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Senior Columns 2013-2014 -

UMass Dining proposes major meal plan changes -

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation- Product Review

As a “girly girl” with an interest in makeup, it’s surprising that I don’t usually wear foundation unless I need a little extra coverage or if I’m going out in the evening. However, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation  and see what all the hype was about. I now understand why people were raving about the quality of it, and it will now be a staple product in my makeup bag.

There are many positive things to be said about this foundation. First of all, the foundation is affordably priced for a drugstore foundation, costing just $15. Compared to many high-end designer foundations, which can cost $30 and above, this is a bargain for any student or anyone looking for a cheaper, quality option.

The packaging on this product is great as well. It comes with a bright orange lid and easy-to-use pump, and fits perfectly in my makeup bag. Despite its small size, the glass bottle may not be ideal to travel with

Although the product description says that it provides a “medium to full coverage. ”  Personally, I would say the coverage leans towards medium, making it perfect for anyone who is not used to wearing foundation or who does not like the thick, caking effect of some high coverage foundations. The foundation claims to be “anti-fatiguing,” which is why I love it so much – it really awakens the skin and gives it a healthy boost, which is exactly what dry skin needs in the winter months. It achieves a vigorous and glowing look, giving your skin a hint of tan and shimmer as though you weren’t wearing any makeup at all.

Whilst summer seems impossible to imagine at the moment, this foundation would work well in both warmer weather and the current cold temperature, achieving a flawless, dewy look rather than making your skin oily. In addition, it protects your skin with an SPF-15 rating, allowing you to skip the step of applying sunscreen on those rushed summer mornings.

Although this foundation will be a necessity in many makeup bags, there are two downsides to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The product is only available in six shades, so it may be difficult to find a shade that perfectly matches your skin tone. Additionally, the product description says that it provides full coverage, which didn’t appear to be the case. If you are looking for a slightly thicker foundation then this liquid foundation may not be the product for you.

Overall, this foundation is easy to apply and wear and really adds some color to your skin, creating a smooth and healthy complexion. It is perfect for the dry winter months when you turn to makeup instead of the sun to achieve that glowing look. Although Rimmel London is a UK based company, you can currently purchase this product online until it hits American drugstores.

Elizabeth James-Crook can be reached at ejamescr@student.umass.edu.