MASSPIRG urges McDonalds to stop purchasing meat raised with antibiotics -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How to avoid, treat and prevent Computer Vision Syndrome as a college student -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Obama and Modi strengthen ties between U.S. and India -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

UMass receives research honor from the Carnegie Foundation -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Islamophobia is a form of racism that needs to be stopped -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Björk gets personal on breakup album, ‘Vulnicura’ -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

UMass Dining nominated for Seafood Champion Award -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Why UMass basketball isn’t a good brand of basketball -

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

BLOG: Joseph Widmar commits to UMass hockey -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

BLOG: New York Jets name Marcel Shipp new running backs coach -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A bond over basketball: Trey Davis and Zach Coleman’s friendship continues to grow at UMass -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Inside the Park with Marky Mark: January 27, 2015 -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Panda Bear remains confident, even in the face of ‘The Grim Reaper’ -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Why I want to be a teacher -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UMass’ College of Education to train Pakistani higher education administrators -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams wrap up third-place finishes at Dartmouth Invitational -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hao Luong shines for UMass men’s swimming and diving on Senior Day, prepares for end of college career -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Police Log: Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 to Monday, Jan. 26, 2015 -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Rachel Hilliard, Heather MacLean highlight solid performance from UMass women’s track and field -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hockey East: Eichel’s overtime goal pushes Boston University past Vermont -

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Click here to visit UMass Dining
Click here to visit UMass Dining

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation- Product Review

As a “girly girl” with an interest in makeup, it’s surprising that I don’t usually wear foundation unless I need a little extra coverage or if I’m going out in the evening. However, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation  and see what all the hype was about. I now understand why people were raving about the quality of it, and it will now be a staple product in my makeup bag.

There are many positive things to be said about this foundation. First of all, the foundation is affordably priced for a drugstore foundation, costing just $15. Compared to many high-end designer foundations, which can cost $30 and above, this is a bargain for any student or anyone looking for a cheaper, quality option.

The packaging on this product is great as well. It comes with a bright orange lid and easy-to-use pump, and fits perfectly in my makeup bag. Despite its small size, the glass bottle may not be ideal to travel with

Although the product description says that it provides a “medium to full coverage. ”  Personally, I would say the coverage leans towards medium, making it perfect for anyone who is not used to wearing foundation or who does not like the thick, caking effect of some high coverage foundations. The foundation claims to be “anti-fatiguing,” which is why I love it so much – it really awakens the skin and gives it a healthy boost, which is exactly what dry skin needs in the winter months. It achieves a vigorous and glowing look, giving your skin a hint of tan and shimmer as though you weren’t wearing any makeup at all.

Whilst summer seems impossible to imagine at the moment, this foundation would work well in both warmer weather and the current cold temperature, achieving a flawless, dewy look rather than making your skin oily. In addition, it protects your skin with an SPF-15 rating, allowing you to skip the step of applying sunscreen on those rushed summer mornings.

Although this foundation will be a necessity in many makeup bags, there are two downsides to the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The product is only available in six shades, so it may be difficult to find a shade that perfectly matches your skin tone. Additionally, the product description says that it provides full coverage, which didn’t appear to be the case. If you are looking for a slightly thicker foundation then this liquid foundation may not be the product for you.

Overall, this foundation is easy to apply and wear and really adds some color to your skin, creating a smooth and healthy complexion. It is perfect for the dry winter months when you turn to makeup instead of the sun to achieve that glowing look. Although Rimmel London is a UK based company, you can currently purchase this product online until it hits American drugstores.

Elizabeth James-Crook can be reached at ejamescr@student.umass.edu.