“Halfway to Blarney Blowout” takes up most of APD’s time

Friday, Sept. 27

7:36 p.m. A woman at 22 Lessey St. called about damage to her car. She believed that she knew who did it, but didn’t want to discuss it with the dispatcher. She referred to this person as “Billy the Kid.” All damage appeared to be caused by the elements.

11:34 p.m. Caller at 22 Lessey St. reported some people allegedly attempting to push over the Emily Dickinson Statue. Suspects were gone by the time police arrived.

Saturday, Sept. 28.

1:35 a.m. Amanda Beth Lamb, 43, was stopped in her vehicle at Cumberland Farms on Montague Road. She was arrested on charges of alleged speeding, a second offense OUI and possession of numerous prescription pills that weren’t prescribed to her.

10:18 a.m. A small sapling tree was snapped in half at 259 Lincoln Ave.

10:40 a.m. Many students took to the streets for a “Halfway to Blarney Blowout” celebration. Police issued a warning at 25 McClellan St. after receiving a noise complaint. Loud Irish music could be heard coming from the house.

11:00 a.m. Suspecting a large attendance, police stopped by McMurphy’s on North Pleasant Street to warn employees and verify that the staff was prepared for such a turnout, offering assistance.

1:45 p.m. Police responded to a disturbance at the Townehouse Apartments at 50 Meadow St. Officers pushed out about 400 partiers from the west quad and 200 from the east quad. Officers informed residents of the town bylaws. No residents received charges at this time.

A crowd moved behind 21 Hobart Ln. and no one answered the door to police. About 150 people came out when officers moved back to the street.

2:25 p.m. A caller from the Toy Box on 201 North Pleasant St. was displeased with the Pre-Blarney festivities, expressing anger about the riotous behavior exhibited by students in the town center. Police referred her to the Amherst Select Board to voice her concerns.

2:54 p.m. At Crestview Apartments on North Pleasant Street, a caller allegedly reported about 300 loud, drunken kids behind his apartment. Police helped moved the crowd to the street.

3:17 p.m. Back at the Townehouses, police made an arrest for a liquor law violation.

About an hour later, police responded to a noise complaint at 816 North Pleasant St. and issued a summons for unlawful noise to a 20-year-old male resident and arrested a 20-year-old female for a liquor law violation. The female tried to resist arrest by fleeing into the woods, but she was eventually apprehended.

Sunday, Sept. 29

9:01 p.m. Oswaldo Alejandro Henriquez-Castro, 18, was arrested for allegedly breaking and entering in the night time to commit a felony at 34 Kellogg Avenue. He was seen in the home by the occupants and became frightened, leaving the house. Then, he tried to get back in again. Police apprehended him.

Totals:

Liquor license violation arrests: 18

Liquor license violation summons: 4

Noise complaints: 31

Vehicle crashes: 8

Vehicle stops: 14

Mary Reines can be reached at [email protected].