UMass women’s basketball defeats Saint Peter’s for third straight win -

Police Log: Friday, Feb. 27 to Sunday, March 1, 2015

(Zoe Mervine/Daily Collegian)

(Zoe Mervine/Daily Collegian)

Friday, Feb. 27

7:12 p.m.: William R. Hunter, 48, was arrested for disorderly conduct outside of Amherst Brewing Company after threatening violence.

7:49 p.m.: Police responded to reports of a male asleep on a bus at 813 N. Pleasant St. The male was awoken, removed from the bus and sent on his way.

10:40 p.m.: Police responded to reports of three suspicious motor vehicles parked at Crocker Farm School. Police investigated and found the vehicles cold to the touch and secure. They appeared to belong to college-aged students who might have used the lot to park their vehicles.

11:12 p.m.: Police observed a large number of “college students” at 250 Northampton Road. Police noted a party at the listed location and stood while more than 100 individuals crossed the street.

Saturday, Feb. 28

12:10 a.m.: Police responded to reports of a large party at 213 Grantwood Drive with destruction of property. Police assisted in clearing out the party without issue.

12:50 a.m.: Police observed a vehicle weaving within the traffic lane at the intersection of East Pleasant Street and Cherry Lane. Based on observations, police believed the driver was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Police were able to detect a faint smell of alcohol on his breath. The driver agreed to perform a field sobriety test and he checked out OK. The driver stated that he was trying to get the GPS on his phone to work and that was the reason he was driving all over the road.

1:30 a.m.: Police responded to reports of a disabled motor vehicle. The driver stated he hit a large pothole that gave him a flat tire at 115 Belchertown Road.

1:35 a.m.: Jean-Philippe C. Beaudet, 23, of Centerville, was arrested for assault to maim, disorderly conduct and assault and battery at the Townehouse Apartments on Meadow Street. Police responded to reports of an unwanted guest in the home.

2:46 a.m.: Police responded to reports of a disturbance at the Alpine Commons. The male caller stated that he took a taxi and the taxi driver never turned on the meter and then tried to charge him a high rate. The male stated that he refused to pay the taxi driver’s price but offered to pay a lower amount. Then the taxi driver began assaulting some of the people in the male’s party. The taxi driver was not in the area upon arrival.

3:14 a.m.: Austin M. Hiller, 19, of North Andover, was arrested for a lights violation, failure to stop or yield, operating under the influence of alcohol and operating a motor vehicle to endanger near Cumberland Farms on Belchertown Road.

9:34 a.m.: Police responded to reports of vandalism at 240 Northampton Road. A male reported people banged on his door the night before and he did not answer. He discovered some windows were broken and that screens were bent back. The male also reported vehicle damage including a broken window and that the trunk was keyed.

3:02 p.m.: Police investigated a 9-1-1 call hang up. Male party said, “Oops” and then hung up. Police were unable to reach a live person on the phone to call back.

5:34 p.m.: William E. Pelkey, 49, was arrested for possession of an open container. Police found Pelkey with an open Bud Light can while walking down a sidewalk outside of Zanna on North Pleasant Street.

9:08 p.m.: Police responded to reports of a bus parked outside of the High Horse LLC that was blocking traffic. The bus was reportedly stopped for over an hour, making it difficult for vehicles to turn onto Amity Street. The bus arrived back at High Horse again after clearing and was advised by police to relocate to the Big Y parking lot because of traffic.

Sunday, March 1

1:12 a.m.: Police responded to reports of a loud party at 314 Lincoln Ave. apartments. A warning was issued and residents were cooperative in clearing out guests.

1:46 a.m.: Police responded to reports of a male party banging on doors at the University Lodge for about two hours. The male stated he was trying to get into his room and that a friend was asleep and did not wake up to answer the door. Management was contacted and maintenance opened the door.

10:23 p.m.: William A. Brown, 37, was arrested for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance and cursing at staff at Craig’s Doors on 256 N. Pleasant St.

Kathleen Kirk can be reached at klkirk@umass.edu.