Amherst Police Log: Nov. 27-29

By Patricia Leboeuf

Amherst Police Department. (Robert Rigo/ Daily Collegian)

Friday, Nov. 27, 2015

12:18 p.m. – Atkins Farm reported receiving a $466 check that was sent back from the bank. The information on the check appeared to be invalid. The owner of the check was summonsed on a charge of larceny over $250.

5:16 p.m. – Police received a 911 call from a man wanting the area code for Colorado. The man refused to answer any questions or provide information.

6:52 p.m. – An individual reported an African American male and a Caucasian female fighting at CVS Pharmacy at 76 North Pleasant St. The man had already separated from the woman upon arrival and was told to avoid her for the rest of the evening.

Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015

1:46 a.m. – A vehicle was stopped for failure to stop at the stop sign at the intersection of South Pleasant Street and Snell Street. Michael Joel Ketcham, 25, of Millers Falls, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle to endanger, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and failure to stop.

4:26 a.m. – A vehicle was stopped on Bay Road as a possible vehicle involved in a crash on South East Street. Jacob S. Bodde, 21, of Belchertown, was arrested for operating under the influence of liquor, operating of a motor vehicle to endanger and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.

7:45 a.m. – An individual reported a sick infant skunk repeatedly falling over in front of 31 Maplewood Dr. The skunk was located under a deck and appeared to be walking fine.

11:17 a.m. – An individual at Cowls Building Supply at 125 Sunderland Rd. reported the driver of a gray 2005 Subaru Forester took some pallets and drove off toward Sunderland. Attempts to call and locate the driver were unsuccessful.

Sunday, Nov. 29, 2015

5:48 p.m. – Police received a report of a woman in her 50s refusing to leave Stackers Pub and spitting on the floor. The woman was gone on arrival.

6:16 p.m. – A woman called to report that her 13-year-old daughter got in a car with an unknown male, a friend of the woman’s 25-year-old daughter. The girl was located at her sister’s house and brought back to the Amherst Police Department, where her mother picked her up.

Patricia LeBoeuf can be reached at [email protected]