Seth Berger to transfer from UMass men’s basketball, heading to Oregon State

(Jong Man Kim/Daily Collegian)

Seth Berger is heading back to the Pacific Northwest.

Berger announced on his Instagram page Sunday afternoon that he will be leaving the Massachusetts men’s basketball team and transfer to Oregon State for his redshirt-senior season. As a graduate transfer, he can play immediately.

During his three seasons with the Minutemen, Berger averaged 3.0 points and 2.3 rebounds per game. This past year he averaged 2.6 points and 2.3 rebounds per game in 10.2 minutes per game in 16 starts. The 6-foot-8, 212-pound forward made seven starts in 31 games in the 2015-2016 season.

Berger started the first eight games of his sophomore season before missing the final 24 games with a stress fracture in his foot, allowing him to receive a medical redshirt.

The Seattle native attended Ballard High School where he was ranked the No. 38 small forward and the No. 4 player in the state of Washington for ESPN’s 2013 recruiting class.

Berger is the third player to leave UMass, joining the reported Zach Coleman and Zach Lewis after former Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg was fired after the team’s second round loss in the Atlantic 10 tournament. Donte Clark, who reportedly declared for the NBA Draft without an agent, hasn’t decided on if he intends to return to UMass or transfer.

Andrew Cyr can be reached at [email protected], and followed on Twitter @Andrew_Cyr.

1 Comment

One Response to “Seth Berger to transfer from UMass men’s basketball, heading to Oregon State”

1. basketball manager on April 21st, 2017 4:47 am

Big loss for Massachusetts team I think.

• Seth Berger to transfer from UMass men’s basketball, heading to Oregon State

Fraternité est inculpée par le Grand Jury du Hampshire

Los comedores Berkshire y Worcester cancelan servicio late-night durante los fines de semana.

Un appel anonyme passé à l’UMPD à propos d’un “homme noir agité” qui était en fait un employé de l’université.

Stout defensive effort from UMass not enough in double-overtime loss to Dartmouth

Explosive first quarter helps end UMass’ losing skid

Marquis Young jump-starts offense in UMass football’s second win of the year

Michael Curtis wills UMass football to win over Charlotte

Die Bruderschaft wird von de Hampshire Große Jury angeklagt

汉普郡(Hampshire)大陪审团起诉兄弟会

Fraternidad acusada por Gran Jurado de Hampshire