Style Stalk: What UMass students are wearing this fall

Muted colors mixed with pattern pops are a trend

Have you ever walked around campus and saw someone wearing an outfit that you loved, but didn’t have the nerve to say anything? This is 100 percent true for myself, so in an attempt to compensate for all of the times I had wished I asked someone where they bought something or simply complimented their outfit, I spent two weeks taking photos of outfits that caught my eye and asked the wearers about them. After doing this, I can now present to you UMass Style Stalk.

(Isabel Levin/ Daily Collegian)

Name: Jess Furjanic

Year: Freshman

Major: Political Science

Jess opted for some major layering to combat this chilly fall day. She’s wearing a maroon corduroy overall dress over a white turtleneck with a chunky gray cardigan and black tights to finish it off. The shoes, Adidas Superstar sneakers, dress down the look and definitely make it appropriate to throw on before class!

Jess said, “I was always the girl in high school who wore pajamas to school, so I’m trying to put in more of an effort now.”

(Isabel Levin/ Daily Collegian)

Name: Allie Krystofik

Year: Sophomore

Major: Microbiology

Allie told me she’s going for a “cozy hippie” vibe with this outfit. She’s sporting comfy floral jogger-type pants with a maroon crewneck sweater. The slip-on Vans are a great addition to the outfit and really complete the cozy vibe. Wearing a fall color combined with a pattern that would remind anyone of spring, like Allie does here, can truly add a pop of fun to a typically muted color scheme for the season. The velvet scrunchie used as an accessory to the wrist is also a great touch to spice up an outfit!

(Isabel Levin/ Daily Collegian)

Name: Jake Gilliland

Year: Sophomore

Major: Music Business (BDIC)

For this look, Jake is wearing a Supreme windbreaker for a top, black sweats, and Nike sneakers. Jake told me he likes to maintain a balance of comfort and style for his day-to-day look. He also explained that he often opts to wearing simple black sweats with a top that makes more of a statement in order to create a balance in his outfits.

(Isabel Levin/ Daily Collegian)

Name: Helen Burtnett

Year: Freshman

Major: Natural Resource Conservation

From what Helen told me, I can assume that this is a pretty classic outfit for her. She informed me that she loves sweaters and jeans, and she would categorize her style as a little “artsy.” Pairing a sweater with strong and unique patterns can be easily toned down with a pair of jeans and shoes with a soft and solid color. Fun fact: Helen bought this sweater on campus earlier this year at the “New2U” Tag Sale!

Isabel Levin can be reached at [email protected].