Amherst Police Log: Nov. 13-15

(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)
(Robert Rigo/Daily Collegian)

Friday, Nov. 13

10:41 a.m. – Police responded to a report of larceny at Kendrick Place Apartments, located on 57 East Pleasant St. A college-aged male was reportedly seen on surveillance video walking out of the building’s lobby with a $500 barstool. The incident remains under investigation.

5:42 p.m. – Three people were reportedly shoving each other and arguing over cigarettes and alcohol at a Starbucks located at 71 North Pleasant St. All three left without issue upon police arrival.

10:38 p.m. – Police responded to a complaint over loud music and smoking in the hallway at a Boulders apartment. Six women were told to turn down their music for the night.

11:17 p.m. – Four small baggies of a class D substance were found by a police officer on a PVTA bus.

11:39 p.m. – Security in the area of a large party with “hundreds” of people in attendance at 49 South Prospect St. reported that party-goers threw cans and bottles at him when he asked them to quiet down. Police could not locate the individual who threw the bottle and requested that the owners of the house remove some of their guests, which they agreed to do.

Saturday, Nov. 14

12:27 a.m. – Approximately 25-30 guests were kicked out of a party at 316 Puffton Village after a neighbor reported of loud music and voices.

12:32 a.m. – Two men were summonsed to court on damages they created after they were denied entry to the Monkey Bar, located at 63 North Pleasant St. A 21-year-old Amherst man and a 22-year-old man from Mystic, Connecticut are to face charges after they reportedly broke a wooden fence and gate near a storage area along the side of the building after bouncers denied them entry to the bar.

12:47 a.m. – Carter Tiernan, 21, of Weymouth, was arrested and charged for carrying an open container of alcohol outside Stackers Pub on North Pleasant St.

1:16 p.m. – Several vehicles were reportedly parked on the road of a water treatment plant in the vicinity of 1458 South East St. The drivers of the vehicles reportedly had hunting rifles and dogs with them. Police did not find any vehicles upon arrival.

Sunday, Nov. 15

1:17 a.m. – Police identified two signs at rotary on 1101 West St. that were taken down. Police found a license plate and blue paint from a vehicle on the scene, and will conduct a hit and run investigation.

1:38 a.m. – Benjamin Thornton, 20, of Belchertown, was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, operating a motor vehicle negligently with the intent to endanger and a marked lanes violation after a traffic stop on Meadow St.

10:13 a.m. – Police responded to a call about an abandoned vehicle at Puffton Village apartments with two parking tickets on it. Police determined the vehicle was logged as a stolen vehicle on Oct. 23 and had it towed.

10:20 a.m – Police responded to a report of vandalism at 20 Allen St. after it was discovered that the tires of three different motor vehicles were slashed.

4:45 p.m. – A caller reported that his $150 drone went missing after he flew it over the roof of a Rolling Green apartment. The man reportedly searched for the drone for two hours. Police could not locate it upon arrival.

Mark Chiarelli can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @Mark_Chiarelli.